~ 47

Chapter 47 |

Kyela's Pov

I was simply drifting away in my thoughts with my hands dipped in sudsy water until I was interrupted by a light tapping noise. I placed a knife in a drying rack and turned around and saw Michael standing there.

"Are you coming to bed?" he asked me.

I stopped, caught off guard by his question.

"Uh, yeah. Just give me a second," I said.

"No, don't rush," he told me.

I finished cleaning off my last plate and placed it on the rack to dry before washing my hands again. I wiped my hands in the front of my pants, then I wrapped my arms around myself since I was cold.

"Is there a problem?" I asked as I got closer to him.

I didn't want to get too close though.

"I overreacted last night, Kye. I shouldn't've yelled at you like that. I should've never left," he said with a pleading tone to his voice.

I nodded, "It's okay. You were mad. I understand why you did that."

"But you just don't understand how much I love you. I don't want you to leave me. You probably want to, and I see why, but I can't love without you," he told me

"Michael, I don't want to leave you. I love you more than you can ever imagine, and I didn't mean that when I said it. I was drunk, and I didn't even remember that I said it. I'm sorry."

He had that look of hurt in his eyes, but I wasn't finished.

"How could you think I was sleeping with Marlon though? I would never do something like that to you," I said.

He sighed, "It's a long story..."

"And I have time," I said.

He shook his head. "Kye, I don't-"

"Don't give me that bullshit, Michael! If whatever you need to tell me is coming in between our relationship, then you need to tell me now! I'm not taking anything else!" I shouted.

"Okay! Fine!" he screamed back, putting his hands in his hair and pulling at the roots. "I was like twenty-something, and this girl moved in next door to us. She looked like you- just taller and with brown eyes. But, she was nothing like you I found later. She was an evil bitch."

I folded my arms across my chest, letting him continue on.

"At this point, Joe had gone somewhere else, and we didn't know where in the hell he was, and we didn't really care either, but things were getting a little bad.

I made friends with her, and she acted so nice and innocent, and I... fell in love with her when I shouldn't have, but I couldn't see it, I just couldn't see what she was really doing. She told me that she loved me, and she never loved anyone else, so I believed her. I started to forget about all the bad things that had happened to me, like my mother, my father, my entire life almost, and I thought that I was happy. Then, she started disappearing every single weekend. Every weekend.

I never asked where she was going, except for once, and she got mad at me and threatened to break up with me if I ever asked again, so I never asked again in fear that she'd break up with me, and I didn't want that because she was the only person that I thought ever cared about me. I was so blinded by stupidity, and I just couldn't see her bullshit that she was hiding from me.

She started coming up with money everywhere, and I was confused because she worked at a hair salon that didn't pay much, and I just wanted to know where she was getting the money from, but I didn't ask. I didn't want to make her upset, but she started to get mad at me for no reason, and it bothered me. I wouldn't do anything, and we'd end up arguing for something, and, one day, I left. I got fed up with her and the whole relationship that I just left, and she called me back to back that night, and I probably should've answered that phone, but I didn't because I had my head to far up my ass.

But, I had to go back, I just had to. I kept telling myself that we loved each other, and we could work this out, but I was just being stupid. I went back home after a week with La Toya, it was my birthday, and I went up the stairs, and her and Joe had been in my bed. They were in my bed together, and I just remember never seeing any shit that was so revolting and heartbreaking as that. She had gone behind my back and slept with someone else, someone in my family..."

I could hear the hurt in his voice, and I felt my heart breaking with guilt as he relived his past that I seemed to remind him of. I almost felt offended that he would compare me to someone so vile and horrible like her, but I knew he didn't mean any harm by it.

His face held a somber and static expression.

"You know, she tried to make me feel guilty about it, like I caused it, like it was my fault. She told me that she had been desperate because I didn't touch her like she wanted me to do, but that was a lie. I tried, and she pushed me away, and I realized that she had been doing this all along, and Joe," he paused to chuckle sarcastically, "Joe just had that dumbass smirk on his face like he used to have. He knew how to hurt me, and he knew what could make me back down, but I didn't. I fought back, and I let her go to be with the man that made her feel how she wanted to feel.

He thought I was giving in, but I didn't. He got exposed, and he wasn't happy about that, and she tried to come crawling back to me, but I wasn't going to take her back. She was sadly mistaken, and she kept trying, but I kept telling her no because I didn't want her anymore. She got mad at me and left and got drunk. She came back and tried to force me to sleep with her, and I said no. The next thing I knew, the house was up in flames. I regretted my decision when I couldn't see through the flames to get to where she was, and I heard her coughing, but I couldn't get there.

I woke up in the hospital the next morning with burns on my head and a broken ankle. She died in the fire," he finished bluntly.

I didn't even know what to say to him because it was all so sad. I had no idea that he had been through so much.

I stood up and went over to him, lacing my arms around his neck loosely. He looked up at me and placed his hands on my waist.

"I will never hurt you the way that she did," I declared, "I don't want you to think I'm like her because I'm not, okay?"

I brushed some of his hair out of the way and putting my hands under his chin to make him look me in the eye.

"Okay?" I repeated.

"Okay," he said, but he seemed lost.

"I love you," I told him sincerely.

"And I love you," he told me.

"Do you mean that?" I asked.

"I do," he answered.

I couldn't help but smile as I leaned in to kiss him tenderly, and he tangled his fingers in my hair while caressing my cheek as he smiled against my lips, and I leaned into him.

He pulled away from the kiss and stared at me.

"From now on, I just want to make you happy. No arguments, no problems..."

"Every couple argues, Michael," I said to him.

"I just don't want them to happen like before," he said, tucking a few strands of my hair behind my ear.

I smiled, "I can deal with that. No arguments, no problems."

Probably not what you were expecting, but at least he finally let her know what he was thinking, right?

In addition to Written in Anger, I've been working on various other stories, and I should be uploading one of them pretty soon, and I'll be sure to let you when it's up for viewing so that you won't miss it ! Look out for it !

mickeythemoonwalker