~ 43

Chapter 43 |

Michael's Pov

"You know, don't worry about it. Just leave it alone," she said. She turned around to try and open the door, but I put my hand over hers to stop her, and I pulled her closer to me, and I could smell her glorious perfume without trying.

"No," I said, "I'm not going to leave it alone. You're obviously hurt by this, and I don't want to hurt you anymore."

"I'm okay, really. It was a mistake, I get it." she said.

"No. Why didn't you say anything?"

"Well, if you didn't say it because that's not how you felt at the moment, then I wasn't going to push it. I just wanted to let it go," she explained.

"At the moment? Kyela, I will always love you. Always," I told her. She took a deep breath and pulled off her glasses. "Don't you know that?"

She nodded. I pressed my lips against hers tenderly and let them linger on for a bit before pulling away completely. I reached for the for handle and opened it for her, letting her get into the car before walking around to get in myself.

"Are we going home?" she asked.

I nodded. "Unless you have something else that you want to do."

"Nope," she said. I started the car. "I want to make sure Simone is okay anyway."

I groaned loudly, and laughed.

"Don't be like that. She's a really nice person, and you two could be great friends if you got to know her," Kyela said.

"How would you know? You've only known her for a day, Kye. She could be a totally different person once you really get to know her," I said.

"What? Like you?" Kyela mocked with a giggle.

"Ha-ha, but no. I'll be damned if she tries anything with you on that level," I said irritably.

"Of course you would. If it makes you feel any better, I wouldn't let her touch me the way the that you do," she said, and I glanced away from the road to look at her.

"Or anybody else." I said.

"Or anybody else." she repeated.

We walked into the house quietly, and Kyela was about to go upstairs when Janet blocked her way, and she backed up next to me and folded her arms.

"We need to talk," she said sternly.

I looked at Kyela as she glanced at me at the same time. "Could I at least get my foot in the door first?" I asked.

"No. You can't," Janet stated, folding her arms too.

"I'm going to let you two talk," Kyela said, moving away from me and walking past Janet who wasn't on the stairs anymore.

"What do you want to talk about Janet?" I asked

"I don't understand why you thought you could invite her and not tell us, or at least me! Are you fucking crazy?" she asked me.

I looked at her with confusion and walked past her, "What are you talking about?"

I walked into the living room and was greeted by Tatiana. "Oh, right."

She smiled at me and stopped looking over the vases on my shelves, and I looked at Janet as she gave me her most angry glare.

"Yeah. Right," Janet said.

"Hi, Michael," Tatiana said. She walked towards me and looked me up and down before adjusting my collar, and I stiffened. I raised my hand to hers and pushed it back down to her side. I was too caught up in Kyela to remember that she was coming.