~ 22

Chapter 22 |

Michael's Pov

I scrambled to my feet as quick as I could, pulling myself together while he stared at me with devious eyes. He had his gun at his side, and it was oblvious that his mission wasn't to kill me, so I had to get him before he got me.

I gripped my gun tight before hitting him in the jaw with it, and he stumbled back. I kicked him in the stomach, pushing him into the counter near the cash register. He swung at me, but I ducked quickly and ran into him head first and slammed him to the ground, but he gripped my shirt and turned me over so that he had me pinned. He punched me once, then twice, then three times. Before the fourth punch, I could taste the blood on my lip, so I found the strength to lift my knee to his stomach, and he slumped over in pain so that I had the chance to headbutt him, and he fell to the ground next to me, gripping his big ass forehead. I punch him repeatedly before his eye literally turns black, and he's coughing up blood.

I don't necessarily want to kill him. I want him and his buddy to have something to take back to Celeste, and it's not going to be me. I stood to my feet and grabbed him by his shirt while he was still trying to gain the feeling back in his face, and I practically pushed him across the floor where his head made the glass in the freezer door come crashing down onto him. He laid there motionless, and I took the time to wipe my lip as I noticed his bald friend on the floor in the same passed out state as him. I looked to the clerk, who was huddled up in the corner of the store, scared and trembling.

"Get this cleaned up," I spat sarcastically before marching out of the store. From there, I hopped into the car, and we sped off down the long abandoned street.

"Well, did you kill them?" Randy asked.

"No," Jackie grumbled.

"What the fuck? So what's your plan smart ass?" Jermaine yelled at me, but I wasn't having it. I grabbed him by his collar and pulled his face very close to my own so that he could hear me clearly.

"Listen, when I told you that I had this under control, I meant what I said, alright? Don't tempt me tonight," I whispered harshly before letting him go.

"Sounds like somebody didn't get any last night," Marlon snickered.

"Oh, and you did?" I snapped. He sat back without saying another word. I may have been a bit sexually frustrated, but that was a better feeling than missing Kyela. I'd been apart from her for only two hours, and I couldn't stop thinking about the words we exchanged earlier. Did she mean it? Did she really feel these deep, foreign feelings for me that I felt for her? My problems were way past a lack of sex, but I was truly worried about this, something I never thought I'd be worried about. I just couldn't wait until we got to a safe place to call her.

We landed at the airport in Philadelphia, and I literally couldn't wait to hear Kyela's voice anymore. I slipped away from my brothers quickly into the bathroom, pulling my phone from pocket. I quickly dial Janet's number because I know that she'll answer. It rings three times before she finally answers.

"She's eating," is the first thing I hear.

"I didn't ask. Give her the phone," I command.

She sighs before I hear talking in the background, and she gives Kyela the phone.

"Hello?" she said, and I smiled immediately.

"Hey, I couldn't wait to call you," I said, but I bit my tongue because of how cheesy that sounded.

"Oh really?" she asked.

"Yes, do you think I'm lying?"

"I don't know. It sounded more like you were trying to charm me," she said, and I could picture her smiling.