~ 18

Chapter 18 |

Kyela's Pov

I've probably had about four glasses of this wine that Rebbie gave me, and I was leaning against the wall laughing and holding my stomach because of something that Whitney told us, yet I couldn't remember what she'd said. I was about to ask Rebbie for another glass when I felt someone move past me swiftly. I looked up to see Michael staring down at me.

"Oh, hi," I said to him while recovering from laughter. He looked at me with confusion.

"What's going on?" he said softly as he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into his chest quickly.

"Nothing, we're just having a little fun," I said, giggling and tapping his nose playfully with my finger.

"Have you been drinking?" he asked me, but it's like his words were running together.

"What?" I asked.

"I said, have you been drinking?" he repeated.

He reached over and took my empty glass from my hand. I reached to grab it back, but he held it high over his head so that I couldn't get it from him. He found it pretty amusing, but I didn't. I folded my arms across my chest in frustration, and he laughed a little more, but no one was paying enough attention to us to notice what he was doing.

"I don't think you need anymore," he whispered, somewhat seductively, into my ear. I felt a chill run down my back as he kissed my cheek, and his hand lowered on my back.

"Don't you think that you two need a room?" Jermaine asked from across the room, and Michael's eyes shot up from me to everyone in the room. It seemed like everybody was looking at us, but most of everybody was still engaged in other conversation.

"Hush, you're just jealous," I retorted to Jermaine as I stole my glass back from Michael while he wasn't paying attention.

"Aren't we all?" Janet scoffed as she sipped on the tan liquid in her glass.

"Well, I'm certainly not," Whitney said when she took a seat on Bobby's lap. I laughed as everybody groaned jokingly. These last two hours, I'd become quite acquainted with Bobby and Whitney, learning a little about them and their relationship since they were quite the unlikely couple, but they were cute, and it made me wonder just how Michael and I looked together.

Rebbie leaned over from her place on the arm of the chair to dump the rest of the wine into my glass. I began to sip on the drink despite what Michael was telling me to do, which I didn't hear, before he pulled me out of the room by my hand. I began to cough while I choked on the liquid briefly as he led me up the stairs to his- our- bedroom.

"Why are you dragging me in here?" I asked him as I giggled drunkenly.

"You could use a break from them for now," he said, "and this." He takes my glass out of my hand before I have the time to react, and he swallows it all with one gulp.

"Are you sure that you weren't just trying to keep me to yourself?" I questioned boldly.

His cheeks turned scarlet, and I gave him a sly smirk because I think that I know what he's thinking. I walked over to him with my arms out, then I wrapped them around his lean torso slowly, but he just stood there with a stupid look on his face. "You should drink more often," he joked, and I laughed before hitting his arm playfully. As he wrapped his arms around me, I remembered the conversation that La Toya, Rebbie, and I had in the kitchen about Michael being in love with me. I felt anxious to know if it was true, but I only wanted to find out from him, but only when he's ready. I wanted to say something, and I was going to before I stopped myself from getting into a conversation that I didn't want to entertain. I pulled away from his embrace, and he took a small step back with a puzzled look on his face.

"I'm going to go take a shower," I said while turning my back to him and entering the bathroom.

I let the hot water run over my hand as it poured down from the shower head. My mind was jumbled up with a million thoughts at once, and I couldn't process them throughly, so I just listened the sound of water on the tub floor. I was still in some pain on various places of my body, including my face, and the water eased the tense feeling in my muscles. I'd dealt with a lot in such a small amount of time, and I was just wondering what would happen next. Something was bound to happen, especially regarding the fact that Joe was now dead. I couldn't wrap my mind around everything at once, but there were so many questions that I had to ask Michael, I didn't know where to start.

I wrapped a towel around myself after ringing my hair out from the water. I went into the bedroom and began to look through the drawers in the dresser to find pajamas that I could wear for tonight. I pulled out a pair a gray sweatpants along with a plain white tee shirt. Michael walked in shortly after I got dressed, and he looked me up and down, but he didn't seem very happy.

"We're matching," he said as he gestured to our choice of pajamas.

"That's weird," I laughed, and he looked at me seriously which scared me a little.

"Did I make you mad?" he blurts.

"No," I said assuredly while shaking my head.

"Well, you just- never mind," he sighs. I ran my hand through my hair in frustration because he seemed upset. I didn't want to upset him since I know that he's already stressed about so many different things. I pulled back the covers on the bed and sat down near the top.

"Are you going to bed?" Michael asked.

"No, I was just getting comfortable so that we could talk- unless you have some business to handle," I said.

Michael's Pov

I closed the door to the bedroom and walked over to the bed where Kyela was sitting. She smiled sweetly at me for no reason, and I sat down next to her. I was scared about what she wanted to talk about. So many things were racing through my mind of what she could want to talk to me about. What if she didn't think we were good for each other? What if I did do something wrong? What if she told me that she didn't have feelings for me after all?

"Why don't you like being around your brothers and sisters, Michael? You act like it'll kill you to just spend some quality time with them," she said, breaking me from my thoughts.

"It won't, but it's better if I don't," I tell her honestly.

"How come?"

"We're all too opinionated, and our conversations turn into arguments, then we don't know where it goes after that," I shrugged because it wasn't too hard to see that that was the truth. Everything we do ends up in some type of argument.

"You don't ever want to try to have a conversation with them without having an argument?" Kyela questioned as she played with my hair.

"Why talk to them when I can talk to you?" I said, smiling like an idiot.

She laughed at me, and I leaned over to give her a kiss. Her hand cupped my cheek softly, and I could feel how much I wanted this, how much I wanted her, but she slowly pulled away with a smile before I could take it any further than that. I wasn't going to try and force her to do this with me, so I left it alone because I wanted to make her happy, and if she wasn't willing to do this yet, then I was fine with waiting.

"Michael..." she said softly without looking at me, and I could feel my chest tighten with nervousness.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Who was Susanna?"

I had serious writer's block, and I have summer school, so I was a bit busy, and I couldn't update earlier like I wanted to do. But I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It was really just filling in a little bit so that I didn't have to have a lot of elapsed time in the story. I hope you're looking forward to the next chapter.

keep voting and commenting!

Mickeythemoonwalker