~ 23

Chapter 23 |

Michael's Pov

There was no better time for anyone to call me when I was leaving a strip club with a thousand dollars in my pocket. I was so enraged that it wasn't funny. Reluctantly, I pulled out my phone, hoping that someone was dying for them to call me right now.

"Hello?" I hissed into the phone.

"Michael! Are you busy? Um, I could call you back later," Kyela's voice instantly brightened my mood, and I ducked into a small, dark corner of the club so that I could talk.

"I'm not busy. Is something wrong?" I asked.

"No, nothing is wrong. I just wanted to talk to you... I kinda miss you," she whispered.

"Kinda?" I asked, and she sucked her teeth, making me laugh.

"Okay... A lot," she laughed.

"I think I miss you a lot too," I teased, then I suddenly felt a pair of hands rubbing down the front of my body.

"You think?" she giggled.

"Can I do something for you?" a disgusting, raspy voice said through the dark.

"Who was that?" Kyela said through the phone, and my heart began racing. The woman kept touching me, but I didn't want to say anything to her because I didn't want Kyela to ask where I was. This may turn out bad. I tried to get the woman to get her hands off of me, then she walked past me and slipped something into the pocket of the jacket that I was wearing, probably her number that I wasn't going to call.

"One of my business partner's girlfriends, s-she was asking if I wanted something to d-drink," I lied quickly, and silence took over the phone.

"You know what," I immediately got scared from her words, "You sound busy, so you should call me back when you get the chance, okay?"

"Kyela, wait."

"What?" she said with a sudden attitude.

"Don't be mad at me, please. I promise I'm doing anything to hurt you, alright? I wouldn't do that," I say sincerely.

"I never said that I was mad at you," she said quietly.

"I can tell when you're mad at me. Trust me," I told her, but she was still mad.

"I'm just tired, Michael. Call me when you can, okay?" That was a lie. She wouldn't've called me if she was tired.

"I love you," I said loud so that she could hear me clearly.

"Love you too," she replied and hung up before anything else could be said. I mentally slapped myself for what just happened. It wasn't my fault, but maybe if I told her the truth, it would've turned out different. I'm sure she could tell that I was lying.

Kyela's Pov

I threw the phone on the bed, not wanting to hold it anymore because I wasn't sure of what to think, say, or do. I feel stupid. What if he's cheating on me? I could tell that he was lying, and he sounded like he was just doing something completely wrong. Now, I was beginning to have trust issues. How could he do that to me? How could I be so stupid to think that he meant that he loved me? I'm just a fool in love getting fooled again.

I take one of the soft pillows on the bed and press it to my face to scream into it. There was some anger that I needed to desperately let out of my system, but now I'm just hurt. I don't know how I'll deal with him coming back. I slam my head down on the mattress, forcing myself to go to sleep when I find myself in a fit of sobs.

I don't know how long I could have possibly waited for this day to come. The day when I'd be marrying the love of my life, Michael. I was wearing a beautiful white dress with diamonds arranged on it beautifully and a long train following behind. It was the dress I'd always hoped for, and I knew that I would love and cherish it although not as much as my soon-to-be husband. He was the one person in the world that I loved the most.

A soft piano playing was heard before the double doors opened, and I was revealed to the room full of people that I didn't actually recognize. That was odd, but I could only focus on Michael who was standing ever so patiently at the altar.

I walked quickly, eager to marry this man that I have my heart to. He stared at me with such a strong emotion in his eyes that it made my heart blaze with a burning desire for him. I approached him and soon we were standing face to face, but there was no preacher. I also thought that was odd, but I didn't put much thought behind it because all that mattered was Michael. Only Michael.

He began to recite his vows:

"To Kyela,

Whom I've only ever desired to have for myself physically, for her mental state and emotions did not matter to me. I've hurt her with my words and sometimes my actions, but I will not and can not regret them for any reasons. I have told her that I loved her, but only for her benefit. Those three simple words were a meaningless gesture to make her mine, not from my heart to hers, but from my body to her heart. The words meant nothing to me, but to her they meant everything. They held her entire life, and I knew, yet I used her entire life against her to pull her into a trap of mine."

My smile faded and a frown was etched permanently onto my face. I stared into his eyes that were once a fearful cocoa brown. Now, they were emotionless black holes that gave me nothing. I put my hand to my chest in pain, and I felt like my heart was being ripped from my chest.

"Kyela, you are nothing. You are nothing compared to me, and you will never be able to give Michael what he wants." That familiar voice rang in my ears, but I didn't dare to look in the direction of that devil in heels. I couldn't take my eyes off of my husband that was supposed to be so perfectly in love with me.

"She's right, Kye. I will never love you, and you can never satisfy me."

My whole body seemed to shut down, and I began seizing like no one has ever before. My body couldn't handle the heartbreak, and I was stupid enough to put my body through that torture like the idiot that I am. In all, my vision went completely white.

"KYELA!" I jolted awake, and I bursted into tears automatically. I looked into Janet's eyes, and I could tell that there was nothing but confusion there. She sat down on the bed next to me, and Rebbie came rushing into the room. She looked at me with much worry, and she pushed my sweat drenched hair out of my face to examine my face.

"Sweetie, are you okay? What happened?" Rebbie asked, but I couldn't stop crying.

"She was dreaming, but it was obviously a nightmare," Janet told Rebbie, making me sob more. That was the worst nightmare that I'd ever experienced, and I didn't know if I'd really be able to function emotionally.

I was sure they wouldn't understand, yet Rebbie engulfed me in her arms, and I felt somewhat comfortable although my body was shaking. It wasn't so much that he didn't love me, but I hated that the most, but I knew that I couldn't leave him because I had nowhere else to go, so he could always use me whenever he wanted to until he didn't want me anymore. I'm sure he'd really kill me then. I don't want to die, I'm too young.

And the drama unfolds... again. She may have overreacted, but keep reading, voting, and commenting !

Mickeythemoonwalker