~ 11

Chapter 11 |

Michael's pov

I know she's in there. She has to be in there somewhere, and if she isn't, then I'm going to murder someone. By someone, I mean Joe.

I check myself for the tenth time, making sure that I have my guns ready just in case Joe wants to be difficult. All he has to do is let her come back with me, and we can each go about our lives, but I'm sure he's not going to let it go that easily. I want to be ready.

I walk up to the house, following the long, neatly landscaped path that leads to his front door. I'm sure someone will answer the door because he has a lookout at all times of the day, so I wouldn't be surprised. I knocked three times.

A young guy with a bandana tied around his head opened the door. He looked me up and down, studying my appearance that's much more appealing than his.

"You want something?" he asked.

"Where's Joe?" I asked.

"What do you need him for?"

"I can take that up with him," I said, "Now, where is he?"

"He's busy,"

I was getting impatient with this guy. He was loyal, and anybody loyal to Joe was impossible to get through too. Take it from me, I would know. I pushed my way past him, and I could feel his arm snake around mine in an attempt to pull me back outside, but I was too quick. I caught his hand and pushed him into the wall, putting my elbow to his neck.

"You want to try that again?" I ask while raising my eyebrow.

He shakes his head frantically. I probably scared him shitless. He probably hasn't seen anything happen that quick in a while. Joe isn't the youngest man around, so he can't move as swiftly as I can.

"Go get Joe," I commanded.

He power walked to the staircase that led to the upper left side of the house. I knew where he was headed, and I didn't like it. He had been keeping Kyela in hostage in his bedroom. I know I did the same, but Joe has many different things in mind than I did, and if he hurt her, I'm going to hurt him. That's not a threat, that's a promise.

Suddenly, two pairs of feet came running down the steps. I knew they were coming at me, so I reached into my pocket to make sure that I was prepared. I turned to see James.

He began to laugh, "Michael! How nice to see you again?" he says sarcastically. He knows damn well that I can't stand him, and he doesn't like me just the same.

"I'm not here to reunite with you James," I tell him.

"Ah, why would you? After I had my way--"

"Don't remind me," I threaten. He knows better than to bring up the past with me. "You know what I'm here for. Give me what I want," I demand harshly.

"I don't think I can do that," he says with a chuckle.

"And why not?"

"I think Joe's a bit busy right now," he says with a smirk. I know what he's implying, but that's not what I wanna think right now. I just need her back.

"I'm sure it can wait," I say with a smile that's more artificial than all the botox in his face.

"I don't know about that."

Before I know it, my hands are wrapped around his throat, constricting his air passages. He mumbles something that I can't hear over all his choking.