~ 32

Warning... Mature scene.

Chapter 32 |

Kyela's Pov

Janet was knocked out asleep at the foot of the bed, and I was such crying my eyes out to the end of the Little Mermaid.

We both had too much to drink, and it was safe to assume that we were drunk. I found myself with the vivid thoughts of Michael and I together, but I forgot that I wasn't supposed to be thinking about him. It was hard not to think about him though. He was so addicting, and once you got hooked on him, you'll never be the same.

His smile. His eyes. His cheeks. His body. It was all so enticing and desirable. I don't know if anyone could have felt the need for him like I did.

My thoughts were interrupted when a glass vase went crashing down to the floor. Giggling, I bent down and tried to collect the pieces into a neat pile with my hands. Of course, I'm too fucking drunk. I cut my thumb and gasp loudly.

"Kyela?"

Marlon's Pov

I knew I wasn't crazy when I heard something crash and someone laugh. I stepped into the hallway, and Kyela was crouched down in front of a pile of glass. Apparently, she cuts herself, and she gasps.

"Kyela?" I called. She looks up and smiles widely. She waves causally, and I approach her cautiously because she doesn't look normal.

I bend down and push her hands away from the glass. That's when I catch a whiff of the alcohol on her breath.

"Are you drunk?" I asked immediately.

She giggled, "I may or may not be. I'm not sure really..."

She scratches her head in confusion, and I laugh. "Well, why are you down here?"

"Can you take me to Michael?" she questions suddenly.

I looked at her with shock, and she looks at me expectantly with those large, emerald colored eyes. I nod reluctantly, and she smiles. I take a look at my watch, and the time reads 2:12 AM. She must be crazy. Why am I even up this late?

"Let me get this cleaned up, then I'll take you," I said. She nodded in agreement, and I got up and went to get the broom.

The car ride was silent- in the beginning. You don't truly know a person until they get drunk around you for the first time. For Kyela, she just doesn't stop talking, and she thinks everything is funny. In a way, it's funny, but she's still drunk, and that's not really a good thing.

"What's the real reason that you aren't staying at the house? You don't have to lie to me. I don't have anyone to tell," she says while holding her head out the window.

I sigh, "Your boyfriend kicked me out."

She scoffed, "Why?"

"He thinks I like you," I answered irritably.

She sat down in the seat and looked at me momentarily. "But you do like me, right?"

I laughed. "Yes, I do. Not in the way that he's implying though."

After a few seconds of silence, something finally clicked in her brain, and she said, "Ohhh."

"Well, why would he care?" she snorted.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

She began to slur, "Don't play dumb. You know your brother isn't as serious about me like he says."