~ 24

Chapter 24 |

Kyela's Pov

After a whole week of moping around, I finally got the strength to do something other than feeling sorry for myself. I felt like I was going crazy, but I wasn't too sure because I really didn't know what "going crazy" felt like. All I knew was that my mind was racing, and I was feeling too many different emotions all at once.

I was currently in the middle of putting my hair into a braid when I heard small taps coming from outside. Confused, I went over to the window and saw nothing that the tapping could be coming from, so I sat back down on the bed, yet the sound continued, and it was getting faster. I noticed a pile of small pebbles outside on the balcony, and I rushed to the door, pushing it open, only to almost have my eye taken out with a larger rock. I leaned over the railing only to see Michael with a huge grin on his face. He was the last person that I expected to see, and I was just enraged because of him.

He smiled up at me, "Hey, I'm sorry I didn't call, but-"

"I really don't care," I interrupted him, and his smile quickly faded.

I marched back into the house, breathing deeply to keep my anger under control. I continued to braid my hair while I thought about why he'd come back here like he cared for me when he was probably out sleeping with whores instead of dealing with business like he told me. Before I could compete my thoughts, the bedroom came crashing open, and I jumped to my feet.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I asked.

"I should be asking you the same damn thing!" he yelled back.

"Well, I'm not the one that left for a week when you were only supposed to be gone for four days!" I shouted.

"You didn't let me explain," he said while putting his hands on his hips.

"Explain what? You got too busy around your business partner's girlfriend?" He began to pull off his jacket, and he took a step towards me, but I moved backwards, and he sighed. He threw his jacket onto the bed next to me, and I noticed a small, pink ball fall out of the pocket. He started to say something, but I grabbed the ball, the piece of fabric, and unfolded it until it formed a pair of skimpy underwear that couldn't belong to me.

"See, there's no reason to explain." I said quietly, and his eyes met mine as I threw them at his chest and began to storm out, only to have him pull me back by the arm and knock over everything off the nightstand to push me against the wall. I groaned as he kissed me with force, and I squirmed for him to let me go.

Michael's Pov

She found her strength to push me off of her, and I used my elbow to lean against the wall while she limped off in the other direction. I'd never seen her so irate before, and it was scary, but she'd have to let me explain. I wasn't going to let her leave the room until I told her what happened, and this whole ordeal was over.

"How could you do this to me?" she cried, and that's when I noticed her unwanted tears.

"I didn't do anything... I wouldn't hurt you, Kyela." I shook my head, "If you would allow me to explain-"

"Explain it then," she snapped.

"When you called, I was in a strip club because the owner owed me some money, and I was leaving. This woman, who was obviously a stripper, came up to me, and she started talking to me, but I didn't want anything, so she put these in my pocket, and I didn't know." I explained to her.

"So you didn't think to check? Or did you want me to find them?" she croaked.

"Look, I was thinking, okay?! I didn't check, and it was a stupid mistake, and I'm sorry! Is that what you want? An apology?" I screamed, and she jumped, but her face held that same angry expression.