~ 33

Chapter 33 |

Kyela's Pov

I wasn't actually mad. I was just a little irritated since I had a massive headache, and I have no idea how I ended up naked in bed with Michael. Okay, I have one idea of how that happened, but I wasn't sure how I got to the house.

I knew I should've stopped after my third glass, but it was so good, and I really needed it to soothe my mind and body. Needless to say, it worked.

But the pitiful expression on Michael's face was priceless when I left him sitting on the bed. As much as I wanted to kiss him just to make it go away, I knew I couldn't. I had to remind myself of what Janet said about forgiving him so quick because he'll just keep doing it, and I won't be able to handle it. He's broken me before, and I'm not going to let him do it again even if it means the worst. I just have to show him-and myself- that it's not always easy to get what you want when you want it.

After getting out of the shower, I blew my hair dry, and it was bigger and more puffy than usual. I left it down, not really feeling the need to push it back. My head was hurting too bad. I pulled on a nice dress that stopped mid-thigh, and it was a bright yellow with purple flowers arranged decoratively all over it. It was cute and simple, but I was sure Michael would like the way it looked on me. Just another part of the plan.

I slipped my feet into a pair of yellow wedged heels to match the base of the dress, but something was still missing. I remembered leaving lipstick on the nightstand by bed, so I went to look for it, and the entire thing was a mess. Papers were strewn all over, there were empty plastic cups, there was an orange juice bottle. He's literally a mess when I'm not here. I found the lipstick underneath a notebook, and I grabbed it, but I curiously picked up the notebook as well. Turning it over, the portrait of my perfectly drawn face was etched onto the paper. I gasped, not believing it was a drawing because it seemed so real.

My fingers traced over my eyes that were drawn to look line they were shining, then my mouth that was curved into a smile. The sound of the door opening startled me, and I clutched the notebook to my chest protectively as I turned around. He was there, of course. He pointed to the notebook, but he didn't say anything, and I loosened my grip on it.

"I'm sorry. I was looking for something, and I found it." I stammered.

I searched his face for a reaction, but he gave me nothing. "It's fine. It was for you anyway."

"It's amazing," I said while looking at it again.

"Well, not as amazing as the one who inspired it," he said while throwing a pile of clothes into the hamper next to the door. I kept my head down to avoid eye contact because I knew that he was looking directly at me. How could he not?

After a moment of silence in the room, he spoke again. "If you don't mind, I was going to go out and run some errands."

"That's fine," I said lowly. It was probably business related as usual.

"That wasn't very convincing, Kye. If you want me to stay..."

I sighed. "No, really. You can go." I assured him. "I'll try to have fun here playing pool or something."

"Aright, but don't drink. There's water in the fridge." he said, and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Fine." I said. I left him standing in the room alone, but I turned around, remembering to tell him something. I grabbed his arm from behind, and his body stiffened immediately. "I'm sure you wouldn't mind cleaning off the nightstand before you leave, right?"

He looked at me with an exhausted expression, and I smiled sweetly, knowing that he'd have to give in to me, or I'd ignore him for ten minutes. It was an understandably sarcastic smile, and he obviously understood.