~ 38

Chapter 38 |

Marlon's Pov

I carried Kyela into the house in my arms while La Toya ran upstairs to get Rebbie. She was knocked out cold, literally, and I was really worried. She had scratches and cuts on her arms along with a large gash on her forehead that I guessed she'd tried to stop the bleeding with her hand because there was dried up blood there too. To be honest, she looked like she'd been fighting with tigers.

Rebbie came downstairs, tying her robe, and Janet came following right behind her.

"Is she cold?" Rebbie asked. I nodded, and she instructed me to grab a few blankets so that we could get her warmed up.

La Toya had gotten the first aid kit, and she was dressing her wounds while Rebbie checked to see if she was alive every five seconds. All the while, I sat on the sidelines just waiting to see what would come of this. I waited in a bit of agony.

Once she started moving on her own a little bit, I let out a sigh of relief, but she was still a bit dazed. I watched her squirm a bit before we all heard Michael surprisingly. "Is she okay?" he asked.

We all turned to face him while he stood in the doorway and looked as if he'd just woken up, but I don't think he really slept.

"She's waking up now, I'm sure she'll be fine," Rebbie said sternly.

La Toya stood and handed her materials to Janet to finish what she was doing. She went over to Michael and pulled him out of the room, but he almost refused to leave like a puppy would. Eventually, he left. As Kyela started moving a little more, Rebbie told me to go get some water and something light for her to eat. When I came back to the room, she was speaking softly, and Rebbie and Janet looked worried.

"That hurts," she whispered.

"What hurts?" Janet asked, her voice filled with extreme concerned.

Kyela managed to push both of them away to give her some space, and she sat up by herself. She rubbed her temples and took a deep breath. "How did I get back here?"

She was completely distraught, and her eyes were wide, but she winced as she obviously stretched her skin around the wound on her forehead. "I'm tired," she whispered.

Janet and Rebbie looked back and forth between each other while not knowing what to do, and I handed her the glass of water and the protein bar that I got from the kitchen. She gulped down the water quickly and rose to her feet.

Michael's Pov

I couldn't've been more out of my mind than I was at this moment. It was close to seven in the morning, and I was exhausted and scared and nervous. My nerves had obviously settled a bit from the night, but by only like thirty percent.

I heard footsteps in the midst of La Toya's bickering that I had zoned out from, and I held Kyela's gaze for only a moment before she turned around and headed back up the stairs slowly. La Toya looked in the same direction as her and sighed.

"You could at least listen to me, you know?" La Toya said.

"Sorry, I'm... distracted," I answered truthfully.

My head was in my hands, and I could only imagine what my hair looked like. A mess. I was completely stressed. So stressed.

"If you go up there, don't cause problems," she demanded, "I don't need anymore of this trouble."

"It was never yours to deal with," I sneered. With that, I stood up and strode out the room past her while she grimaced at me. I hated it when she made that face.