~ 9

Chapter 9 |

Michael's pov

Three days. She hadn't left the room for three whole days. I was starting to get worried, and I began to get restless, but I wasn't going to leave my room until I could see her again. La Toya assured me that she was eating, and that she hadn't died or anything, so that lifted a huge weight from my shoulders, but she legitimately wouldn't set foot outside of that room, and she wouldn't let anyone in, except for La Toya of course.

I don't understand why she liked my sister so much. She had nothing to offer her, but girl talk. I didn't like the fact that she trusted La Toya so much. She should trust me, but I guess I've totally blown my chances for that now. I could say that I was jealous of La Toya, but there was no way that I could admit that, out loud at least.

My feelings for her have grown tremendously over these 72 hours of pure agony, and I was literally going crazy, knowing that she didn't even want to think of me. I was a major fuck up, and the whole world knew it.

Today had been extra quiet, no walking, no talking, no nothing. I had kind of felt like something was out of place, which it was because Kyela wasn't in my bed, but other than that I couldn't place my finger on it. Since I was still in bed, sulking, I wasn't going to get up for anything unless it included hearing Kyela's voice. 

Suddenly, there was a knock on my door.

"Michael," Rebbie called in. I knew it was her because she was the only person who happened to be talking to me in the house. That was only because she probably felt sorry for me.

"What?"

"You need to come out now. You can't stay in there forever," she said.

"Yes I can," I groaned.

The door swung open, and I covered my head with a pillow from the top of my bed. She walked further into my room and took a seat at the end of my bed as if I told her she could sit there.

"Michael, I know what you're going through. It may be harder for you than it was for me, but I understand," she says.

"What's the moral of this story," I ask sarcastically.

She chuckles, "It's not a story, but I was just going to tell you that she needs time. I'm sure she'll come around sooner or later, but after what you did-"

"Okay, don't remind me," I snap.

"Alright, but listen to me Michael," she says.

"I hear you."

"But are you listening?"

"Yes," I grunt.

"If you wait, she'll come back to you. She's one of the good ones, she forgives," she tries to assure me, "She'll be hesitant at first, but I'm almost certain that everything will be just the same as before."

I don't want everything to be just the same as before. I need to change for the sake of her, but overall I just need to change. I know I could never be the man that she's probably dreamed of, but she is definitely enough for me, and I have no doubt about that at all.

"And how are you so sure? I mean, I fucked up big time."

"Well, if she allowed you to kiss her after all this... shit," she waves her hand dramatically in the air, "then I'm sure she'll come back," she smiles sympathetically.

"Fine, but if I have to wait too long, I'll ram the door in," I say and she laughs.

"You'll never get anywhere doing that. Now get up and take a shower," she demands.