~ 8

Chapter 8 |

Now I see why she hates me so much. Not only did I kidnap her, but I always have the rudest things to say to her for no reason at all. It's sad that I realized that after I basically told her that I was just going to use her and throw her away. I seriously didn't mean it, and I wish I could take it back.

I watched as she ran into my room and slammed the door shut, causing Jackie to come out of his room to see what was going on. I looked to him, and he gave me that confusing expression he always does every now and again.

"What's going on?" he asked me.

"It's Kyela," I tell him, my voice shaky.

"What did you do?"

"Why do you always assume that I did something?" I defend myself even though I'm sure he's not convinced. I march over to my bedroom door, and it doesn't budge. Shit.

"Well, I sort of said something mean," I give in to his harsh scowl, and he rolls his eyes at my answer.

"I should've known," he comments before going back into his bedroom.

When the door closes, I call out to Kyela asking her to open the door. I don't hear anything coming from the room, and I realize just how bad I fucked up. I've never really said anything like that to anyone, and I never thought I would, but there was just something about Kyela that made me feel the need to say it, yet I have no idea what it was. There's something about her that just makes me angry. Period.

I don't think it's her obnoxiousness is what makes me angry because that's kind of... cute, but it's the fact that she's too good. She's too good in the sense that she's too good for me, and she could never look at me the same way that I look at her which makes me act negatively towards her. I never thought that that was a reason on my part, but maybe it's why she upsets me the way she does.

Right now, I can't be angry with her. I can only be angry with myself, and this not a feeling that I want to live with. I nudge the door forward, and I can hear something drag heavily across the floor. No she didn't put the dresser in front of the door. When I push it some more, I can hear a glass drop onto the floor, and a large crash that shakes the whole house it seems like. She did, but how?

I wasn't ready when she started to push back on the door, and she had a lot of strength, almost knocking me over since she had caught me off guard. I could hear her faint sniffles as she tried to force the door close, which meant that she was crying, and I can't be the reason for her crying again. We were battling over the door for a few more seconds before it swung open, and I nearly hit the ground. I watched as she stumbled across the room with her back facing me and wiped her tears from her cheeks, and then started to cough.

"Kyela, listen to me," I said, out of breath.

"Listen to you?!" she shouted at me, "I've been listening to you for the past two weeks! I listened to you when you told me to get into the car, I listened to you when you told me you would kill me all those times, I listened to you when you said that I meant nothing to you, I listened to you when you said that you only wanted to have sex with me! Michael, I've listened... I've listened all this time, and I realize just how messed up you really are," she snapped.

"I-I'm sorry," I stuttered. Watching her cry made me realize how messed up I was for myself, and I was surprised that I had just heard it from her.

"Yes you are," she cried.

As she wiped her tear stained face, she scanned the room in search of something. I could barely even move, or speak for that matter because of the giant lump in my throat that wouldn't go down no matter how hard I swallowed.