Chapter Three

I wake up to the sound of my alarm beeping at me. Anxiety and worry fills my mind as I realize that today is the first day back to school. I get up and brush my teeth and hair, then pick out a cute dress I got yesterday. It has a beautiful floral print with a black background, and it reaches right above my knees. After that, I put on water proof eye makeup, just in case, and head to pick up my friends. I pick up Alex from her school house and see a moving truck in front of the house next to her's.

"Who's moving in?"

"I don't know. Haven't met them, but apparently they have a son out age who is going to our school."

I wiggle my eyebrows suggestively, but she just laughs, shaking her head. "You'll have to tell me all the details."

"Will do," she says. I've always been that friend who has to know every detail of certain events. It's just my thing.

I drive to Emma's house and then to Victoria and Hannah's. We have 45 minutes to kill, so we go to Starbucks. After we order our drinks we drive to school and wait in the car.

When there's five minutes left we go to our lockers and head our separate ways until lunch.

On the way to class from my locker, I see Josh alone with his back against the locker. I simply look down and walk faster, hoping to avoid him. When I look up at him, his green eyes are already looking at me. He makes his way to me, but the bell rings, signaling the five minute warning. Saved by the bell!

I rush to check in and sit in my seat, thankful that I didn't have to face Josh, yet.

Once the bell rings, I make my way to my first class, which is Science. Science is one of my favorite classes, along with math and art, if I have to have favorites.

When I get there, I sit in my usual seat and wait for class to start. Ms. Teatree walks in with a smile on her face. When the bell rings she starts class, saying, "Good morning! Welcome to 11th grade! This semester we will spend the entire time on a project. I will pair you up now, so pay attention." I listen to the names getting called until I hear mine.

"Haleigh, you are lab partners with Luke." Then she continues on. I look over glumly at Luke Moore, your typical bad boy and player, who is already smirking at me, arms crossed as he slouches in his chair. Just dandy. I will admit, he is attractive. We actually used to be best friends, that is is until the accident with his twin brother. It was so hard for him he just blocked everyone out, including me.

Since he was identical to his twin, he changed everything about himself. He dyed his hair black, got green contacts and basically went emo, but he's obviously still attractive, especially because of his bad boy image.

"I want you to sit with your partners and discuss your projects now. You may begin," Ms. Teatree says, making my jaw drop. Seriously?

I groan as he walks over to me and sits by me. I pull out my phone and make it look like I'm reading.

"Well, Haleigh dearest, when should we meet to discuss our project?" he whispers in my ear, making me shudder. I can't tell whether it's a bad or good shudder.

"How about we go to the pizzeria down the street? We can discuss there," I say acting as if he didn't affect me.

"Sure. Let's get to know each other now. We have 45 minutes to kill," he says.

"We already know each other though," I trail off.

"I'm Luke Moore. You call me when you want Moore. No pun intended." he says sarcastically.

I let out a giggle.

"You're funny. Well I guess you always were," I say, thinking back to our friendship in middle school. We had the best moments together.