Chapter Nine

After school, Luke said he had to walk home so I offered to take him home. He accepted and asked if I could stay for dinner.

"You should stay, you know, eat dinner and meet my parents," he says as he closes the car door.

"I'll have to call my mom real quick. Do you mind if I use my Bluetooth in the car?"

"Nope," he says, popping the 'p'.

I call her and she immediately answers.

"Hello?" She starts.

"Hey mom. Can I go to Luke's for dinner? He invited me."

"Sure. Do you have me on Bluetooth?"

"Yeah. Why?

"Luke, if you try anything or hurt my daughter you're dead where you stand."

I look at Luke who gulps.

"Yes, Ma'am," he says nervously.

"Good. Have fun you two!" She says in a cheery voice. Bipolar much?

"Love you Mom! Bye."

I hang up and hear Luke let out a relieved sigh. I laugh.

"You going to tell me where you live?" I ask in a creepy tone.

"Not if you're going to stalk me," he chuckles.

"You would want me to do that, wouldn't you?"

"Maybe," he shrugs.

"Oh my gosh! Tell me where to go!"

"Okay, okay, settle down sweet cheeks."

He gives me directions to a huge, amazing house, almost as big as Alex's. I pull into the semi-circle driveway.

"Wow."

Luke just chuckles and gets out of the car. He actually comes to my door and opens it for me! What a gentleman.

We walk to the door and go inside. I look around wide-eyed, like a kid on Christmas.

He grabs my hand, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Let's go meet my parents."

"Okay." I'm a little nervous to see them again after all this time, but I think I'll survive.

He pulls me to a kitchen, where I see a woman who's around my mom's age, sitting down at a counter and reading a magazine. Luke clears his throat, getting her attention.

She smiles, seeing Luke and me. Luke definitely gets his dazzling smile from her. She walks to us and gives me a hug. I'm taken back at first, but I hug her back. She pulls back and looks at me.

"You are just as beautiful as Luke said you were Haleigh!"

"Thank you. Its nice to see you again Mrs. Moore," I say, shaking her hand.

"Please, call me Linda." She pulls me aside and whispers, "Thank you so much. You've made him happier this past week. He isn't all depressed and lonely."

"It's no problem. He's an amazing guy and hopefully I can keep him in check." I smile.

I walk back to Luke and smile at him.

"You wanna a tour of the house? My dad's not home right now, so you can see him later."

"Sure."

He takes my hand in his, leading me around the house.

We walk around and it takes us about twenty minutes to explore the first floor.

We then walk up the stairs. All the doors are open except for one. He takes me down the hall and shows me his parents room, a guest bedroom, a media room, and his room, but he skips over the room with the closed door.

"What about that room, Luke?" I ask, pointing at the closed door. His smile turns into a sad frown. For some reason I recognized that door, somewhere distant in my youth.

"That's nothing. I smell food. We should go eat. I bet my dad's home, too," he smiles, but I can tell its forced. I don't push any further and go down the stairs with my hand in his.

When we go to the dining room, I'm met with a bear hug from a younger guy that looks like he's in college. This boy looks like Linda.

"Hi! I'm Brandon, Luke's older brother," he says smiling at me. "Are you Luke's girlfriend?"

Before I can answer, Luke says possessively, "Yes she's my girlfriend. Now go sit down, before I knock you out."

Brandon raises his hands in surrender and sits in his seat. Then I'm greated by another hug! Alex would hate this family. I love hugs though.

"Hi Haleigh! I believe we've met before, but I'm Luke Moore. Are you Jr.'s girlfriend?" He asks, patting Luke in the back.

"I am!" I say cheekily.

"Finally!" He shouts.

Luke has embarrassment written all over his face. I giggle.

"Well," I say changing the subject, "Lets eat!"

***

Linda's spaghetti was amazing! After dinner I gave everyone a hug and Luke walked me to my car.

"Don't mind me asking, but since when were we a couple?" I ask curiously. "We haven't even kissed yet."

"We can change that so easily, Haleigh Williams," he says, leaning closer to me.

In seconds his lips are on mine. I felt way more sparks then when I had kissed Josh. This kiss made Josh's feel like nothing but boring.

Our lips move in sync. He licks my bottom lip, asking for entrance, which I deny. He grabs my hips and pulls me into him, causing me to gasp. He uses this opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth, and our tongues battle for dominance. He finally pulls away, causing me to whimper. He rests his forehead on mine and puts his hand on my cheek. He pulls back to where I can see into his green eyes. I see love and happiness in them.

"Haleigh Williams, will you be my girlfriend?"