Chapter Forty-One

Victoria's POV

Emma, Hannah, and me are in the car, waiting for Haleigh to come out of the house. When she does, I smile, seeing her wearing one of her maternity dresses, which is funny since she hates them. Her twins are due in about three or four weeks, so the baby shower is in two days. We're going shopping today for all kinds of stuff, mainly so Luke can work on the babies' room.

Haleigh gets in the passenger side with a huge smile on her face.

"Hey gals!" She squeaks. We giggle at her excitement and drive to party city to get the supplies, trying to go as slow as possible because of Luke. Of course, Haleigh doesn't know that.

We end up getting dinosaurs and pink paint. The plan is to paint the dinosaurs pink so they can have 'masculine' and 'feminine' features all in one. It was Luke's idea of course.

We go to Mighty Fine for dinner.

"So, how do you think Alex is doing?" Hannah asks, raising her eyebrows up and down mischievously.

"Probably just fine," Haleigh says and giggles.

"I bet. At least they waited until marriage. Like seriously, look at us. Haleigh lost it and got knocked up, Hannah did it on vacation, not to mention when everyone could hear," I say, fake-gagging.

"I remember that. My poor virgin ears!" Emma comments, touching her ears. We laugh briefly.

"Then there's Emma, also innocent. Lastly, there's me. And I lost it in California, so ha!"

They all looked at me before bursting out into laughter.

We finish our burgers, fries, and shakes before heading home. We drop Haleigh and Emma off before going to our house. I'm staying with Hannah since I kinda live in California. I can't help feeling weird without Jake here though. I won't see him for the next three days since the baby shower is the day after tomorrow.

When we walk through the door, Kyle kisses Hannah. I feel great for them, though they never explained how or when he got his memory back.

As they continue to makeout, I go to the guest room where I'm staying. I pull out my phone and text Jake.

'Hey babe! Sorry I'm texting you late, but I just wanted to say that I miss you! Call me when u can!' -V

I put my phone down and take a shower. When I come out I have one missed call from Jake. I call him back.

"Hello?" A female voice answers.

"Uh, hi. Jake called me earlier," I say awkwardly.

"Oh! Yeah! He's in the bathroom, but I can give him a message."

"Um, you can just tell him that I called back."

"Yeah! Do you want me to say from his sister, or?"

Before I can respond someone speaks in the background. "Tina, I told you not to answer my phone!" Jake's voice booms.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Oh. Hey, Victoria."

"Hey. You called me?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. First off, who was that?"

"Uh, that was my- uh- my cousin, Tina," he hesitates and his voice is full of lies.

"Okay. I just wanted to let you know that I love you and I'll see you in a few days!" I try to sound convinced.

"Bye, Victoria. See you then." The call ends.