Chapter Eighteen

Haleigh's POV

I growl when my alarm goes off, indicating that I need to get up and go I school, aka see Luke.

Once I'm ready, I get in my SUV and pick up all the girls, except for Alex. She wanted to spend time with Tyler.

I pick up all the girls and go to Starbucks.

"Are Alex and Tyler back together?" Hannah asks as she sips on her drink.

"They have to be. They're too perfect of a couple to stay broken up," Emma says.

"Yeah," I agree with her and turn to Hannah. "And yeah, they're back together."

"Good," Victoria says.

When we get to school, I go to check in, and once the bell rings head to my classes. Gotta love school, right? (All sarcasm, if you didn't pick up on it)

***

I walk to my second class of the day, which is Science. Fun. I have to deal with Luke's dumb ass. Maybe he'll leave me alone.

When I enter the room, Luke is already there. He's wearing all black and his cheeks are stained with tears.

I sit down next to him silently.

"Haleigh, we need to talk," Luke says, turning to me.

I look at him surprise. "Oh really?"

He sighs, running his hand over his face in annoyance. "Now is not the time for you to be smart, Haleigh. I'm being serious."

"Actually, Luke, now isn't the time to have the conversation," I say tilting my head to the side. "No what? Never mind. Just leave me alone."

"Haleigh-"

"Don't talk to me." 

"Please-" I hold my hand up to stop him again. He finally sighs and sits normally in his seat.

",,",,",,",,",,",,",,",,",,",,"

I darts out of class.

"Haleigh! Wait, please!" He shouts after me. I  stop, but don't turn to look at him. "Can I please talk to you?"

I hesitates, but follow him to the school courtyard.

When I turn to him he's looking at the ground.

"I shouldn't have blown up in your face the way I did, but it felt wrong to be 'doing it' when you haven't even asked me out on a date yet. For all I know, you could've been using me." I paused. "Like Josh," I whisper the last sentence.

He looks up at me with disbelief and hurt in his eyes. "Why would I use you? And like him? I'm not a jerk like Josh. Why would I use someone who's beautiful, loving, and important like you? I'm nothing like Josh, because I actually love you!"

I look at him in complete shock. "You love me?"

"Of course I do, Haleigh. Why do you think I've tried so hard to be with you, or why I'm so hurt when you don't let me explain?"

I can't believe what I'm hearing. I stay silent.

"Haleigh?"

"Luke, I love you too," I smile as my eyes begin to well up.

He looks up at me, walking over to me and hugging me tightly. I hug back immediately.

We stay that way for what feels like forever. It feels right, being in his arms and knowing we love each other. He speaks into my shoulder.

"Don't leave me, Haleigh. You're the only one I have left."

"I'm never going to leave you. I love you."

"I love you, too."