Chapter Twenty-Four

Haleigh's POV

After a while of silence and hugging, Luke looks into my eyes again.

"I love you so much Haleigh," he whispers.

"I love you too." I hug him once more before a sudden thought hits me. What about the others? What will they think? My breaths get shorter and my heart beats faster.

"What's wrong?"

"What will our friends think? Will they hate us or-"

"Haleigh. They're our best friends. They won't judge us. You know, they might actually be happy for us." I become calm and Luke leads me out of the room.

"Do you think we should tell them?" I ask him quietly. He nods as we walk downstairs.

I see everyone in the gameroom other than Emma and Aiden.

'Where are you?' I text Emma.

'Eating. Almost done. We'll be back soon.' -E

'Ok.' -H

I walk into the gameroom and see Tyler just beat Alex.

"Ha!" He yells excitedly, pulling her into his arms. She fakes being mad but soon gives in and laughs with him. They are the cutest couple I have ever seen.

"Hey Haleigh," Victoria says, walking over to me and Luke.

"Hey." I smile as best as I can.

"What's up?" She asks.

I look over to Alex who's already looking at me. She shakes her head no, telling me to wait.

"Nothing," I say to Victoria and go sit down by Hannah and Kyle. Suddenly the door opens. It's Emma and Aiden.

"Emma! Aiden! Come here!" Alex yells, pausing her and Tyler's game.

They walk in with confused faces. "What?" Emma asks. Alex looks over at me, telling me to tell everyone the news.

"Umm, I'm uh," I say, not being able to spit the words out.

"We're going to have a baby," Luke says calmly. The girls gasp.

"I'm gonna be an aunt!" Emma yells happily. I laugh as tears begin falling from my eyes again. But this time they're tears of joy. Luke wraps his arms around me, pulling me into him.

"I'm so happy for you!" Hannah says.

I look up at Luke who smiles down at me. I return it and he pecks me on my lips. I'm actually excited that I'm going to have a baby for some reason now, and I think that Luke is going to be a great dad.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Victoria's POV

After everything calmed down with Haleigh and Luke, Emma and Aiden told us about the restaurant they went to. The rest of us decided to go, while they stayed home.

We walk in and see a local doing stunts with fire, which he is very talented at.

We sit down at a bench and are soon waited on.

I look around, seeing a bunch of people talking and a limbo competition going on and I couldn't help but smile at the slightly drunk people.

Suddenly my eyes land on one person. He must have been the hottest guy that I have ever seen in my life.

He had wavy, sandy blond hair and a sculpted body. He was at the bar, talking and laughing with a woman.

My stomach dropped. I knew nothing would have probably happened, but it seemed like I had a chance. Suddenly he looks over at me. Our eyes connect, but I break away, embarrassed that he caught me staring at him. He had gorgeous eyes though. I feel my face heat up and see Haleigh tilt her head in confusion.

"What?" She asks me.

"I was staring at that cute guy behind me and he caught me," I mumble. She laughs and looks up behind me.

I suddenly feel a tap on my shoulder. I look up, seeing the guy I was staring at me from above me, smiling.

"I noticed you staring at me," he says, smirking. I blush and cover my face quickly. He laughs.

"Don't cover your pretty face." He takes my hands away from my face. I look into his green eyes.

"Wait, weren't you just with another woman?" I ask him suspiciously.

"That's my older sister, Mary," he says reassuringly.

"Oh. Sorry," I blush and look down at my hands.

"It's okay. Everyone thinks she's my girlfriend," he says with a shrug.

"We have an extra seat! Do you want to sit down?" Haleigh asks, winking at me.

"Sure." He takes a seat by me, smiling at me again. I see his sister walk up behind him, smiling kindly and excitedly at me.

"Hi! I'm Mary. I'm Jake's sister," she says. "And I'm so excited that he found a girl! I'm gonna go now, so see you guys later!" She runs off. I laugh as Jake blushes.

"Anyways, now that you know my name, what's yours?"

"Victoria," I reply and smile.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl."

I blush.

We eat our food and suddenly Jake pulls me outside and onto the beach.

"What's up?" I ask him. He rubs the back of his neck.

"I was, um, wondering if you would like to take a stroll on the beach. I kinda want to get to know you," he says, smiling cutely.

"Yeah, that would be nice."

We walk down the beach for a little bit in silence until Jake breaks it.

"Where are you from?"

"I'm from Texas. What about you?"

"I'm from California," he says, almost in a whisper.

We keep walking in silence and I think about what's going to happen. We can't date after this week. Suddenly, Jake grabs my arm and pulls me to where I'm facing him.

"I guess we won't be able to date then, but can I just do one thing?" He inches his face closer to mine, and I nod, knowing exactly what he was planning on doing. Our lips meet and I can't even describe how amazing this kiss is. It is so much better than my ex's, but even that is an understatement.

Jake licks my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I let him and our tongues battle for dominance. He picks me up and I wrap my legs around his waist. I pull at his hair as he explores my mouth. We kiss like this for awhile. He pulls away and looks into my eyes sadly. Tears start to fall from my eyes. He wipes them away with his thumb and kisses my lips softly. I laugh lightly.

"I've only known you for what? Two hours? And I'm already crying over leaving you," I say and shake my head.

"Well, how much longer are you going to be in Hawaii?"

"I think about another week," I whisper.

"We can spend this time together then." He kisses me again. I wish we could be together longer, but I'm definitely going to savor every moment I have with Jake.