Chapter Five

Haleigh's POV

After school we all went to my house. My mom was at work since she worked long hours at the hospital and usually doesn't come home until late at night.

"So, what'd everyone do today?!" Emma asks excitedly, making me jump in my seat.

"I almost killed a guy for hurting Victoria, but I think they're good now," Hannah says indifferently.

"Victoria, tell!" Emma and I shout at the same time.

"Well Matt Parker winked at me in the hall when I was walking with Hannah to get checked in. He was in my first class and sat by me. I didn't look at him because I knew I would fall for that blond hair and those sparkling green eyes. But then he kissed me on the cheek to get my attention and I sorta kinda called him a snob, player, and jerk," She says, making Emma, Alex and me laugh.

When we finally stop we tell Victoria to continue.

"Ok so then he was hurt and I really felt bad, and then he was in my next class and gave me a note that said to give him a chance and asked if we could talk over it at lunch. Yes, I fell for his game and when we were walking up the brunette bimbo Jessica kisses him!" I wasn't too surprised to hear this since Matt is known for being a player. I mean, it's pretty normal for the girls he's played think it's going to turn out as a relationship, but obviously it's nothing more than a one-night stand. It's sad, I know.

"I ran off and went to Hannah and then long story short, he kisses me, best kiss ever, bing bang boom I'm being picked up at 6:00 today." She tries to hide her excitement, but we can see right through it.

"Awesome, you got a boyfriend on the first day of school! Anyone else?" Emma asks jokingly.

"I think Alex might!" I say and wiggle my eyebrows. That's my signature eyebrow move, by the way.

"The hot guy sitting at our lunch table?" Emma asks. I nod.

"Oh yeah what was that about? You got freaking lucky if he's your boyfriend," Hannah says anxiously.

"He's not my boyfriend! Yet." Alex bites her lip and smiles. "Anyways I met him in English. He just moved from Louisiana, into the house right next to mine. We got to talking and we're going on a date Friday." We all squeal and laugh. "I know, I totally scored."

We laugh even harder after her last line. Yep, Alex is the country girl and finds a guy from Louisiana. What could work out better?

"Well, what about you, Haleigh?" Alex asks, knowing that I should probably tell them about my encounter with the devil himself. I told her and Tyler about him at lunch while we were waiting for the girls.

"Do I have to?" I pout.

"Yes. Speak, child," Emma says, trying to sound like a wizard or something.

"Fine," I sigh. "My first class is Science, so I headed to science and sat in the back. Ms. Teatree assigned us partners for a project this whole semester and, being the lucky girl I am, I got Luke Moore. Then one thing led to another and he insulted me. I came back at him but left class after that because I was so upset."

They gape at me and look at me like they could tear something to shreds, just like my mom the other night when I told her about Josh.

"Yeah. On top of that, I'm meeting him at the pizzeria down the street to discuss our project." I sigh, rubbing my hands down my face.

"Sucks for you," Alex says to me. I can't help but let out a chuckle at how she said that. She's the kind of friend that can cheer me up instantly by making me laugh.