Chapter Forty

Luke's POV

As we're driving home from the reception, I can't help but look over at Haleigh, and can't help the small smile that creeps onto my lips when I see her beautiful eyes shut as she leans on the door. She was always beautiful in her sleep and I couldn't help but watch her when she was. She's been through so much and to see her in a peaceful state made my heart swell.

I look back at the road and get lost in my thoughts. Haleigh was probably tired because of the babies. She had been planning the baby shower last night. Believe me, it was not the prettiest sight.

Flashback

I walked down stairs, seeing all the girls, except Alex, in the living room. They were all sitting on the carpet floor, except Haleigh who was up against the wall on a bed of couch pillows. The girls sat around her and continued to talk about the shower.

"What are the colors? Did you ever find out the genders?" Victoria asked.

"Yeah. I'm having a girl and a boy, so the color will be blue. I was thinking about going to Party City the day after Alex's wedding. You girls wanna come?"

"Yes!" They all said in unison. I leaned in the doorway, just watching.

"Well, it's getting late and we should probably go to bed since the wedding is tomorrow! See y'all then!" Haleigh said, walking them to the door. They all hugged before dispersing to their cars. She came back in the living room and sat on the couch with a notepad and a pen. I walked over to her and sat next to her, putting my arm on her shoulder. She jumped, but smiled when she saw it was just me. I smiled back and pecked her lips.

"Do you want any help? I'll put in some ideas so you can take a nice, long shower," I offered. She nodded and kissed my lips before walking away. I wrote down some ideas ranging from having dinosaurs to having to do just plain old blue. Don't judge me, I was born a sucker for dinosaurs. I wrote down some other things like dealing with the cake. Then my thoughts snapped to my surprise for Haleigh. I had a room locked upstairs that only I was allowed to go in. It was the baby room. I had painted it torquoise and navy blue since we were having one boy and one girl. I always worked on it when she wasn't home and I'm surprised she hasn't figured out what it is. She's been stressing out about me getting on the baby room, but I keep telling her that I'll do it later.

I wanted to do this for her since she deserved it. In my eyes, she deserved everything, but unfortunately, I couldn't give her everything, so I thought this would do for now. I truly loved her and she meant the world to me. I just don't think that she should have to deal with me, being the - what's the word- moody guy I am.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when Haleigh sits next to me. I look at her outfit and try not to laugh. She hates wearing her maternity clothes so she just wears all her old stuff. Tonight she was wearing a T-shirt that would be over sized if she wasn't pregnant and pajama shorts. I looked at her and had to bite the inside of my cheek to stop myself from laughing. Her stomach was pushing the shirt away from her body and you could see it out of the bottom of her shirt.

"What so funny, asshole?" She asked. She knew exactly what I was laughing at. This happened basically every night, but it was still funny.

"Nothing. I just thought about the baby shower and how much fun we'd have." I smirked, still trying to keep the laughter in.

"Mhm. You can let out the laugh, Luke. We go through this every damn night." She rolled her eyes and giggled. I laughed and let the tears fall from my eyes. She ended up laughing with me. We stopped and I told her I had to shower.

When I came back down she was asleep with the notepad in her lap, looking as peaceful as she always was she slept. I picked her up and grunted. Forgot how much weight the babies added. I carried her to our bed and set her down before covering her up. I went back to the couch and read over the notepad. She had checks by the dinosaur ideas, making a huge smile form on my face.