Life Couldn't Get Much Better (Chapter Fifty-Two)

A tear slips out of my eye as I look down at Luke. "Yes!"

A huge smile lights his face as he stands up and picks me up, spinning me in his arms. Luke sets me down and slips the beautiful diamond ring on my finger, before he kisses me passionately, pulling me impossibly closer. He pulls away and rests his forehead on mine, looking at me with his chocolate brown eyes.

"I love you Haleigh." A tear slides down his cheek. "I love you so much."

I wipe away his tear with the pad if my thumb, pecking his lips. "I love you too."

He then kisses me hard, yet it wasn't in a rough way, but a loving passionate way, his hands pulling me to him by my lower back. My arms snake their way up to the collar of his shirt as I keep him close to me. Luke deepens the kiss, slipping his tongue into my mouth and massaging mine with it. Then, just like the kiss had started, it ends as he pulls away and rests his head in the crook of my neck, leaving me to catch my breath.

"We should be getting back. I have another surprise for you," Luke says, taking my hand and leading me back to where we had eaten, packing it up, and heading back to the car. We got in the car before driving back home.

"So what's the next surprise?" I ask, not being able to keep my eyes off of the ring on my finger, playing with it.

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you." He chuckles. I set my hand on the console to rest it there and he took it in his own, looking down at my hand with what looks like pride in his eyes. "I can finally call you mine."

"You've always called me your's though." I giggle.

"Yes, but now it's official." He kisses my hand and I can't help the blush that creeps up my neck and to my cheeks.

"Well, I'm glad that I'm officially your's then." I smile over at him, squeezing his hand.

"So am I Haleigh. So am I."

******

A little less than an hour later, Luke pulls up to our house, and I look at him confused. All he does is smile and lead me into the house. Luke unlocks the doors, turning on the lights.

"Surprise!"

I gasp and cover my mouth as all of our friends and family jump up from different places, with giant smiles on their faces.

"I'm guessing she said yes," Tyler says, then chuckles with Luke.

Alex hugs me tightly, making me laugh. "If you had said no, this all would have been very awkward," She says with a laugh. I laugh at my sarcastic best friend. No 'Congratulations Haleigh!' or 'Oh my gosh that ring is so pretty!' But I love her and all her wit and sarcasm.

"I'm so happy for you Haleigh!" Emma comes with Aiden at her side, who congratulates Luke.

"Thanks Ems." I smile.

"Oh my gosh you're getting married!" Victoria says walking with Jaxson, Hannah, and Kyle over to us, like before, the men congratulating Luke.

"I know! I'm so excited!" I say with as much enthusiasm as I can muster.

"We were all waiting for this day," I hear Kyle say. "You've been so whipped over Haleigh, we were just wondering when you'd make the move, and you finally did it."

I just imagine Luke blushing and smiling as he says, "Well, I love her. I don't think I could live without her."

I can't help but get emotional as I hear those words, a tear slipping down my cheek. I turn back to him and hug him tightly, taking him by surprise, but he hugs me back. "I love you so much, Luke."

"I love you more," Luke squeezes me tightly.

"Doubtful," I say, making him pull back and raise an eyebrow.

"Have you been hanging out with Alex and Tyler lately?" He chuckles. "I'm pretty sure that's their line."

"Shut up." I giggle.

"Luke! Haleigh!" We hear our names and turn to see our parents and my grandparents walking towards us, my grandma holding Amanda.

We meet them halfway, hugging them. I hug my mom last, receiving a tight hug from her. "I'm so happy for you, Haleigh."

"Thanks Mom," I say. "Did you get to hold Amanda?"

"Yes dear, of course," she says smiling. I see tears well up in her eyes.

"Oh, Mom," I say, tears welling up in my eyes as well. I'm an emotional wreck tonight, aren't I? "Don't cry."

"But you're growing up too fast!" She sobs, hugging me. "It's like it was only a year ago that you were Amanda's age, then the next moment you're engaged! Where the hell has time gone?"

"You tell me," I joke. "I love you Mom."

"I love you too Haleigh."

"Haleigh!" I hear my grandpa shout. I smile and hug them again. "We are so happy for you."

"Thank you," I say. "Did Amanda fuss with you two?"

"Nope. She's a little angel, just like you were when you were her age," my grandmother says.

"That's good to hear," I smile. "Can I have her back now?" I laugh, seeing they were smothering her.

"Sure, but you have to give her back before we leave," my grandpa jokes, making the three of us laugh. I thank them before heading in Luke and his parents' direction.

"Hello dear!" Linda says, hugging me. "I finally have a daughter-in-law! Usually, I'd say 'Next is grand kids', but I got those two out of order." She laughs.

I blush and hide in Luke's chest with Amanda still in my arms. "Oh stop it Mom, you're making her blush," Luke chuckles, kissing the top of my head. "Not that I mind that beautiful blush."

I blush even harder. "Well, we are happy for the both of you," Luke's dad says, patting my shoulder and ruffling his son's hair, making Luke pout. I giggle.

"It's not funny," Luke says in a baby voice.

"Oh, but it is." I laugh. He shakes his head before taking Amanda in his arms and kissing her nose, making her smile.

"How's my baby girl?" He coos, tickling her stomach to make her giggle.

And right then, I couldn't help but think how lucky I am. I have my amazing friends, my family and Luke's, and now I'm marrying the man I love, and we already have a beautiful baby girl together. Life couldn't get much better.