Chapter Forty-Eight

Victoria's POV

After tending to Amanda, I come back downstairs to find Jaxson right where I left him. He turns to me and pats his lap.

"Come sit and watch some TV with me."

I smile and sit on his lap as he grabs the remote and puts it on a random channel, before turning me around so I'm straddling him.

"I thought you said you wanted to wait till we got home," I giggle as I rest my forehead on his, looking into those beautiful green eyes.

"I didn't say we couldn't kiss," he says, kissing my jaw. Then his lips meet mine once more, as he slowly and passionately kisses me. "I love you, Victoria."

I pull away, looking into his eyes. "You really do?" A small smile comes to my face.

"Yes. I always will," he says. "And if you're thinking I'll hurt you like those other bastards did, I would never do that to you. I don't deserve you as it is, so I'm not going to ignore the girl that is the best thing I've ever had."

I look at him and my eyes begin to water as I say,"I love you too Jaxson. I love you so much." I smile as he wipes my tears away with his thumb and pecks my lips. I pull him by his hair for another kiss, except this once is rough, despite our sweet romantic moment, making him groan in my mouth. His hands grip my hips roughly as he pulls me impossibly closer to him. The feeling of my body pulled against his sends chills down my spine and I can't help but let out a whimper of need.

"Victoria," he warns against my lips as I begin to grind on him. "When Haleigh and Luke come back, we'll go back to my place, okay?"

I reluctantly nod as I rest my forehead against his and rest my hands on his broad shoulders.

"Plus, can you imagine how many times they've done it on this couch?"

I open my eyes wide and jump off the couch. He does the same and dusts himself off.

"I'm taking a shower when we get to your place." I gag. "Why didn't we think of this before? Our friends are sex crazy demons!"

"Yeah, I wish I thought of that sooner. I was about to lay down on that couch." He shudders.

I shake my head and sit on a computer chair, before Jaxson lifts me up and sits me on his lap. "I highly doubt they could've done it on this. I think it's the only thing sanitary thing around here," I say.

"What about the kitchen counters and the baby room?"

"Uh, kitchen counter- probably still not sanitary. Again, sex crazy beasts. Baby room- sanitary, but that could change." I sigh.

"That's gross. How do you come up with things like that?"

"I'm friends with Haleigh and Alex, the dirty minded freaks. Plus, my twin could possibly be worse. Emma is the only innocent one around here." I sigh again, actually thinking about it. "Those three have turned my mind dark! It's like when we first met, 'Come to the dark side, we have cupcakes and unicorns'. That's basically how this friendship came to be."

Jaxson laughs so hard that he's crying and holding the sides of the chair so we don't fall off. I laugh with him, realizing how funny and crazy I really sounded.

****

Two hours later, Haleigh and Luke come home, dismissing us from baby duty.

"How was she?" Haleigh asks.

"She only cried once, and she didn't seem to dislike the baby formula I bought so I left it here if you wanted to buy some," I say. "How was the first day?"

"Good. Oh! Guess who I saw though?"

"Who?" Luke, Jaxson, and I ask in unison.

"Erika Thomson! And she's as bitchy as ever! It was odd though. She said that Josh is her boyfriend and that he was dating her when he came to the baby shower."

"Are you being serious?" I ask, my eyes probably bulging from their sockets.

"Yep. I told her what actually happened, but being the bitchy self she is, basically just huffed and stormed off," she rambles on.

Luke bumps Jaxson and mutters, "Women." Jaxson just chuckles and shakes his head, as Haleigh gives Luke a pointed look that turns into a smirk.

"I guess Luke doesn't want any tonight! Have fun taking that cold shower, babe!" she says, skipping off upstairs and leaving Luke pale and wide-eyed.

"Wait, Haleigh! I was joking!" He takes off after her, leaving me and Jaxson laughing as we walk out the door.

We get into his car and he speeds off towards his apartment, making me laugh, "Someone's anxious."

"And you're not?" He looks at me with a weird look.

"Yeah, let's go ahead and break the speed limit, shall we?" I joke.

We pull up to his apartment and as soon as we walk in the door, I'm pushed against the wall.

\\\\\\You Know Where It is peeps ;)/////// Sorry if this chapter is short since I took this part out.

"I love you to the moon and back," I say out of silence.

"I love you to Saturn and back," he smiles down at me.

"I love you to the farthest galaxy and back," I stick out my tongue.

"That's not fair! I love you more than that!" He pouts like a little kid.

"You're such a baby! Who said you can't love me the same?"

He stays silent and sticks out his tongue. We stay quiet for a few minutes until he sits up abruptly.

"Are you on a pill?" He asks me, looking like a deer caught in headlights.

"Yes baby, I am." I laugh at how freaked out he got. "What? You don't want kids or something?" I fake being hurt.

"I want to marry you before that." He chuckles, leaning his forehead against mine.

"I guess that's a good idea." My heart flutters at the thought of Jaxson asking me to marry him, though I know it won't be for awhile.

I sigh in content and lay down with Jaxson at my side and a smile on my face, falling into a deep, peaceful sleep.