Chapter Eight

We walk to our next class, even though we're tardy. When we walk in, we sign that we were tardy and Mrs. Whaley tells us the assignment for the day.

"Today we're shadowing. The scales are on the counter," she says, pointing to a counter on the other side of the room. I walk over and get Alex, Tyler and me scales and go sit in the seat next to Alex.

We shade in silence until the bell rings and we head our separate ways. I make my way to PE and Luke is in my class, which honestly I'm kind of anxious to see him.

I walk to the locker rooms and change into some basketball shorts and a T-shirt that Hannah 'edited' from a long sleeve shirt to a muscle shirt, and I must say that I'm impressed.

I grab my phone and the arm strap and put in my Beats. The first song on my list is 'Thrift Shop' by Macklemore. We're playing basketball again and are aloud to shoot freely. I start off with layups, then free throws, etc. Then I flashback to Alex and me playing basketball in 7th grade together. We still do, but those were the years we turned into The Dynamic Duo.

In the middle of my daze, I'm tapped on the shoulder. I turn around and see that it's Luke. I pause my music and take off my beats.

"Hey. What's up?"

"I was wondering if I could eat lunch with you. Alone," he says shyly. I couldn't help but feel a little fuzzy inside.

"Um, I guess," I check the time and see that it's 11:00. 30 minutes for me to get cleaned up. "I'm going to wash off and get into normal clothes. Meet me outside the locker rooms."

"Okay. I guess I'll see you then," he says as he turns to walk away.

I jog to the locker rooms and start the shower. I wash and dry my hair, luckily I brought my blow dryer. I apply more makeup and put on my clothes. I check the time and see that it's 1:27. Good timing. I walk out of the locker room and meet up with Luke. He's leaning against some lockers on the opposite the side of the hall. He's listening to music, his head against the locker and his eyes closed.

I tap his shoulder, making him jump in response. I giggle.

"Awake now, Luke?" I joke.

"I think I'm still dreaming because I still see your face," he flirts. I blush and punch his arm playfully.

"You're cute when you blush."

"Thanks, I guess." I blush harder.

Just then the bell rings. He grabs my hand and we head to his car. we drive through a Chickfila, a.k.a. Heaven that serves food. He buys me a sandwich with no pickles, large fries, and a large sweet tea. Let's just say I eat a lot.

I finish my food before we even get to school.

"Damn girl! You eat fast," he comments, looking at me with wide eyes.

"I know that, Captain Obvious." I say, licking my fingers.

"Oh god Haleigh. Don't do that. Please," Luke says, lust filling his eyes. What a perverted mind. I tease him even more, being the evil girl I am.

"Why not, Luke?" I innocently say, leaning close to him.

He just shudders in response. Before I can do or say anything else, we arrive at the school. I get out of the car and look at the time. It's only 1:20, which leaves us about 20 minutes.

"Let's go to the courtyard. We can eat there," he says, grabbing my hand and pulling me like a little child. " Or I can eat there and talk to you." I laugh.

I sit down under a tree where we both sit together.

"Haleigh I'm sorry that I acted so harshly towards you, and there's no excuse for it. I say we start over. I'm Luke Moore," he says, sticking out his hand for me to shake.

"I'm Haleigh Williams. It's nice to meet you Luke," I smile, shaking his hand.

We continue talking for what seems like eternity. It was cool getting to know him a little better. It wasn't like big juicy secrets, it was just basics like his parents, how school's going, stuff like that, even though I had known his parents and a little about him before. I was somewhat disappointed when the bell rang, but said goodbye to Luke and went to my next class.