Chapter Thirty-Seven

Victoria's POV

*recap*

While driving to my apartment, I tell Jake about Matt's and my history.

"Jake, I need to tell you something."

He looks at me worriedly. "Is everything okay?"

"Between us? Yeah," I say. He looks at me, waiting for me to tell him. I sigh. "Matt is my ex-boyfriend."

He pulls over and slams the breaks. He looks at me shocked.

"Are you being serious right now? Because if you aren't I'm not getting the joke."

"I'm being dead serious. He dumped me in high school and broke my heart." I'm on the verge of crying. His eyes soften and he pulls me to him in a needed hug.

"I'm sorry Victoria, but I can't say I'm glad he didn't do that because then I wouldn't have you now," he says, kissing my forehead.

I sigh. He takes my hand in his and we drive the rest of the way like that.

Before I get out he pulls me to him by the back of my neck and kisses me passionately. I respond by wrapping my arms around his neck. Before it gets heated, Jake pulls away and says good bye once more. I peck his lips and walk inside my house as Jake drives away.

After going through my nightly routine and a shower, I lay in bed, feeling that weight lifted off my chest. Now I don't have to worry about Matt telling Jake because it's already done. With that relaxing thought in my mind I fall asleep.

:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;

The next morning, I get up and get dressed. Today it's supposed to be a little cooler so I wear black leggings, a long white t-shirt and my galaxy vans. I do my makeup naturally and leave my hair in its simply wavy form.

Soon after I finish getting ready, Jake pulls into my driveway. I run outside and jump into his car.

"Hey baby," I say and peck his lips.

"Hey," he replies and smiles. I return it and we drive to school.

We head to our first class when we pass by Matt. Jake grabs my waist possessively and pulls me closer to him. Matt smirks.

"You told him about us then, Victoria?" Matt asks, his face still holding a smirk.

"Yeah. She did," Jake answers. Jake steps up to Matt and looks him in the eye. You can tell he was trying to look intimidating, and despite the situation, it was hot.

"Why are you dating her anyways? You're not going to get anything out of her." Matt steps closer as well, basically making them touch. He smirks at him mischievously and shrugs.

With that Jake explodes. He flies at Matt, punching him in the stomach and kicking him. Matt is helpless against Jake's punches and kicks.

"Jake stop!" I yell and pull him away. Matt was on the ground, groaning in pain.

Jake finally stops and is breathing hard. "Let's go," he says, grabbing my hand and beginning to walk. I didn't say anything.

We walk into the classroom and take our seats. I zone out, but terrible thoughts go through my head.

What is Matt going to do? What's going to happen between Jake and me? Is he going to be a complete player like Matt?

I shut my thoughts off, not wanting to imagine any of it. Jake can't be a player. But what is Matt going to do now?

//////////////////////

Sorry if some of the chapters are kinda weird. I'm trying to finish this up so I can write my other book (on my other accounts).