Chapter Fifty-Two

.... Many months later....

Haleigh's POV:

I am currently at home tending to Amanda, waiting for Luke to come home from his internship. I had finished college and was in medical school for another year. Luke was done with college as well, but he still has five more years of medical school, since he is striving to be a doctor.

I change Amanda's diaper and set her back on her play mat on the ground. Since she's beginning to crawl, I had to set up a little gate at the door and baby-proof her entire room, including putting bumpers on corners so she wouldn't hurt herself if she crawled into things.

I sit down on the floor and watch her crawl around, until I hear the front door open.

"Haleigh, I'm home!" Luke calls out.

"I'm upstairs with Amanda," I call back with a smile, thankful that he's finally home. I hear his footsteps come up the stairs and he finally leans in the doorway.

"How are my two favorite girls?" He smiles. Amanda follows the voice and looks at Luke. "Hi Amanda."

"Luke Alexander Moore, what have I told you about wearing your shoes upstairs?" I scold him, seeing his shoes on the carpeted ground.

He groans and goes back downstairs, coming back up without any shoes. "There. You happy now?"

"Very." I smile innocently. He rolls his eyes with a smile and steps over the gate, coming into the room.

He gets on his stomach in front of Amanda and kisses her nose, making her give him a gummy smile. Her teeth should be coming in soon, but not just yet.

"What about me? Don't I get a kiss?" I tease. Luke sits up and caresses my cheek before attaching his lips to mine. Our lips move slowly together and he pulls away, resting his forehead on mine.

"It's good to be home," he says, pecking my lips again. "Guess what?"

"What?" I ask with a smile.

"I'm taking you on a date tonight." Luke grins. I look at him with a shocked and excited expression.

"Really?" We haven't been on a date in so long since Amanda came along and then being in college.

"Yep, so get dressed into something casual so I can take you."

"Okay! I love you," I say before jumping over the gate of the baby room and running to our room to get ready. I walk into our closet and grab a turquoise sun dress and my black wedges.

I change into the dress and straighten my hair, putting it in a high ponytail before putting on mascara, eyeliner, and perfume.

I walk back to the closet to look in the full body mirror, smiling at the reflection. I look pretty damn good if you ask me.

I put on my wedges and go back to Amanda's room, where Luke is still playing with her.

"Luke, baby," I say, getting his attention. Luke's eyes travel up and down my body before he stands up and comes to me with that sexy smile I still haven't gotten used to.

"You look stunning babe," he says, nuzzling his head in my neck. "You smell amazing too."

I laugh. "Thanks, baby," I say, kissing his cheek. "Who's going to watch Amanda?"

"My parents have been wanting to see her again, so I asked if they could take care of her."

"Okay, great."

Luke nods, "I'm going to get dressed, okay babe? Why don't you go downstairs and wait for my parents."

"Okay." I kiss his lips. "I'll see you in a few minutes."