Chapter Twenty-Seven

Luke's POV

Haleigh looked amazing. She always does. Then I realized I need to get ready too.

I head over to my suitcase and roll it into another bathroom down the hall. I decide that I'm going to change myself back to the way I used to look. I get out the bleach and the blonde hair die and applied it to my hair. While that was sitting, I took out my contacts. I've been wearing them for so long that my eyes feel odd after taking them off. I lean over the sink and rinse my hair out, then I look and see the old me with blonde hair and brown eyes.

I tear up when I remember my brother, Jamie. He would be glad that I did this. He wouldn't want me to stay hurt. He'd be happy that I found someone that made me happy. I just wish he was here to see that it was Haleigh that was making me happy, and he'd be happy that his best friend was with his brother. The thoughts made me miss him more.

I snap myself out of my thoughts, remembering I have to shower and get dressed.

I hop in the shower and rinse out the extra residue of hair dye from my hair and wash up, before getting out to get dressed.

I put on a white shirt and some kaki shorts. I walk out of the bathroom and into my room. I set everything down in our room and knock on the bathroom door.

"Can I come in? I need to talk to you guys."

"Yeah, I'm almost done. Come in," I hear Alex's voice.

I open the door and hear the Haleigh and Alex gasp with their eyes wide open.

"Luke?" Haleigh asks. I nod. "What- why-"

"This is how I really look, remember?" I sigh, dropping my head, having a feeling she hated it.

"Why did you-" she stopped. "Jamie."

I nod. "After Jamie died, I felt like such a burden, since I just hurt people who looked at me. I changed my looks, the way I acted, everything. Then I met you, and I felt like myself around you. Especially when we were kids, and you'd come over to hang out with Jamie and me. I felt different around you, and I still do, Haleigh, and I did changed back because I love you. I love you so much," A tear rolled down my cheek. Haleigh just stands up and hugs me tightly.

"You didn't have to change for me, baby." She pulls away with a sad smile and a wet face. "I love you however you choose to be."

I hug her again, savoring the moment. "I love you, Haleigh. I always have, always will."

"I love you too." She pulls away, wiping her cheeks and pecking my lips.

"I'm going to let you get ready." I chuckle a little, realizing Alex was still behind her.

"Oh." She looks back to Alex, then at me. "That'd probably be a good idea wouldn't it be?"

"It would be." I smile at her. She smiles back and I turn, leaving the bathroom and closing the door behind me.

I could never lose Haleigh. I've lost too much already and Haleigh, our child and our friends are all I have left.

*****1 hour later****

Emma's POV

After we're all ready, everyone piles into the car. There's ten of us so some people have to sit on laps. Jake has Victoria on his lap, Luke has Haleigh on his, and I'm sitting on Aiden's lap. The drive is short, so it wasn't too uncomfortable. Tyler is driving, Alex is in the passenger seat, there's the six in back, and Kyle and Hannah in the third row of seats.

We pull up to the luau and see a group of people on the beach. There's posts with lanterns hanging from them, there's a bunch of tables for food, and a DJ.

We walk over to the party and automatically start dancing. The song when we begin is 'Hey Mama' by David Guetta and Nicki Minaj.

After a while of dancing the music suddenly stops. One of the Locals comes out with a stick of fire. He flips it a few times and 'takes' some off of the stick, holding fire in his hand. He does a bunch of cool things but soon I was dozing off and so was everyone else. That's when we decided to go back to the house.

Haleigh's POV

Luke and I lay down facing each other. We aren't as exhausted as the others since we took a nap earlier.

"Let's think of names," I say.

"Okay. You start."

"If it's a boy, we should name him Alexander, and we can call him Alex." That was Luke's middle name, and Alexis's nickname.

"If it's a girl, we should name her Amanda." Luke smiles at me. He looks down at my lips and licks his.

"You haven't kissed me since yesterday." He smirks.

"I know. Isn't it odd?" I act innocent.

Luke doesn't respond, and his lips connect with mine as he kisses me passionately. My fingers intertwine in his hair and his arms go around my waist. We turn over to where I'm straddling him. Our tongues battle each other and fight for dominance. My hands are on his chest and his hands are holding my waist. He turns us over to where I'm under him, his hands on each side of my head. We break away and look into each other's eyes.

I already felt used to his chocolate brown eyes. They were amazing. He leans closer to my neck and kisses me in the shoulder.

"I miss this," he whispers.

"Me too." I kiss him once more before he returns to his original spot. We face each other and he wraps his muscular arm around my back. I fall asleep, my head on his chest and in his arms.