Chapter Thirty-Five

Haleigh's POV

I'm currently at my mom's house. I told her about the babies and she was ecstatic, but when I told her about Luke she comforted me as best she could. She said it would blow over and that Luke and I were too close to end what we had.

I'm currently laying in my bed in my old room when I hear my phone buzz. I look at it and see an unknown number and a text that reads 'Hey Haleigh! It's Jaxson:)'

I smile at the screen and remember seeing him at the store. I add him to my contacts and respond.

'Hey! What's up?'

He responds in no time. 'Nothing much. Just texting you. What about you?'

'I'm laying in bed, texting you :)'

'That's sounds like fun;D lol. Anything new?'

'Yeah. I went to the doctor and I'm actually having twins! A boy and a girl! :D'

'That's awesome! How are things going with you and pretty boy? XD'

'We're taking a break for a bit. I don't think he is too excited about having these kids. =*( '

'Oh. That sucks.'

'Yeah.'

'Do you wanna hang out or something?'

'Sure. Where should we meet up?'

'You wanna go to the mall?'

'Yeah! Do you wanna meet there at noon?'

'Sure. I guess I'll see you then, weirdo :P'

'Lol. See you then dork ;D'

I turn off my phone and get up to get dressed. It's about 10:55 so I have plenty of time, though I didn't need to do much. I throw on some jeans and a T-shirt, since I can't really wear anything slimming with the bump forming on my stomach, and put on some mascara and a little bit of eye liner.

After I'm ready to go, I head to the mall. I walk in and get Starbucks while I wait.

Just as I'm finishing up my pumpkin bread, better known as the best snack ever, I see Jaxson. I wave over at him and he sees me before walking over with a smile on his face.

"Hey! It's nice to see you again." He sits down next to me, a good distance away.

"It's nice to see you too!" I smile back at him.

"I don't know you that well, so let's get to know each other. Lets play 20 questions!" He claps his hands like a little kid.

"Okay. You ask me a question first."

"What's your favorite color?"

"Turquoise. What's your's?"

"Yellow. What's your middle name?"

"Amanda. Your's?"

"Michael." He thinks for a second before asking the next question.

"When's your birthday?"

"March 31st. What about you?"

"June 13th. What do you want to do for a living?"

"I want to be a photographer. You?"

"I'm planning on being a teacher."

"That's cool."

"Yep. Next question. This is a weird one. When did you lose your virginity?"

I look at him taken back, but I answer. "I think I was a Junior in high school, so I was 16. Now you go."

"I lost my virginity two years ago. I was 16 too."

We laugh and joke around, asking each other random questions and having a good time. After we shed all twenty questions, we walk around the mall, getting me some maternity clothes and looking at random stuff.

"You know what?" Jaxson says.

"What?"

"I feel like we're best friends already." He smiles at me.

"Yeah I do too." I return his smile. He was a good friend and is helping me forget about the negative crap going in my life right now.

He explained to me that he had a girlfriend, and I was so happy for him. He deserves someone who will treat him right. He described her as beautiful and kind to others to me. That's the best you can get from a girl. I congratulated him and wished him the best.

***

By the time we were done shopping, it was almost 5. We said our farewells and said that we'd hang out again later. I drive home and realize I had left my phone there the whole time. I checked it and saw that I had missed calls from Luke and one text. I look at the text.

'Please come over. I really need to talk to you.'

I texted him back. 'See you in a bit.'

I drive to our house and knock on the door. Luke answers it quickly before he grabs my hand and pulls me inside, leading me to our living room.

"You said you needed to talk to me?" I ask, crossing my arms after I get them from his grip.

"Yes. Haleigh, I understand why you think I didn't want the kids. I was shocked when the doctor said you were having twins, but that doesn't mean that I don't want them. I want to be in their lives and I want to be their father, because I love their mother so much. I just need her to forgive me." I look into Luke's eyes, seeing that they were filled with so much love. Gosh these hormones will get the worst of me. When I first walked in here, I was thinking of places I could bury his body. Now, I'm ready to cry and jump him right where he stood.

I smile as a tear slides down my cheek and wrap my arms around his neck and hug him tightly.

"I love you," I whisper.

"I love you too," Luke replies, kissing my shoulder.

He breaks our hug and looks into my eyes. He leans closer to me and our lips soon collide. It wasn't a hungry or passionate kiss, purely love. I savor every moment until Luke breaks away, his brown eyes full of love and happiness.

"How about we go over to your house so I can help you pack and get your ass back over here with me?" Luke asks desperately. I giggle.

"Yes. Let's go."

With that we drove back over to my mom's house and packed my things. When we finished with everything it was already about 8:30, and I was exhausted.

"Baby, let's go home," I say to Luke, looking up at him.

"Gladly."

We drive back to our house and I go through my nightly routine. When I finally finish I crawl in bed, Luke following me shortly after. He kisses my forehead and wraps his arms around me and I rest my head on his chest, happy to be back in his arms. I fall asleep shortly, dreaming about our soon-to-be family.