Chapter Thirty

Luke's POV

Haleigh has been doing really well with the pregnancy, besides her consistent vomiting, which is normal apparently. To be completely honest, it scared me, and made me worry about Haleigh.

She's elated about the whole thing and acts like she's experienced it all before. I, on the other hand, am scared as hell. I don't know a thing about this stuff, and I keep getting worried, not to mention I'm super protective of Haleigh. I rarely let her out of my sight.

--/--/--/--/--/--/--/

I wake up to taps on my shoulder. It's not even morning yet, probably around 3 am.

"Hey Luke. Can you get me some water please?" Haleigh asks me.

"Of course I can babe. I'll be right back." I kiss the top of her head before I get up to go get a bottle of water. When I come back, she isn't in the bed. I see the bathroom light on. I knock on the door.

"Haleigh, babe, are you okay?" I ask her.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I'll be out in a sec, okay?" She says sweetly. I lay back on our bed and wait. She comes out and sits on the edge of the bed, next to me. I sit up, slightly worried.

"Haleigh, what's wrong?" I ask.

"Ihaven'tbeenabletosleepbecauseI'm soanxioustofindoutthegenderofthe babycanwegotomorrow?" She rushes out.

"I can't understand you, Haleigh. Slow down." I chuckle.

She sighs. "I haven't been able to sleep because I'm so anxious to find out the gender of the baby. Can we set up an appointment to go tomorrow?"

"Yeah! Of course. Now go to sleep babe."

She crawls to her side of the bed and lays down next to me. I wrap my arm around her waist, resting my head in the crook of her neck.

"I love you, Haleigh."

"I love you too, Luke."

With that I fall asleep.

***

I wake up the next morning with Haleigh out of my arms. For a second I panic, then see a note where she was sleeping.

'Hey Babe! If I'm not there, I'm at the grocery store. I'll be right back. Love you'

I set the note down on the nightstand and settle down. I walk to the media room and watch TV, waiting for Haleigh.

¿,¿,¿,¿,¿,¿,¿,¿,¿,¿,¿,¿,¿,¿

Haleigh's POV

I wake up with Luke's arm still around me. I slip from his grip and get dressed into a baggy T-shirt and skinny jeans. I leave a note on the bed so he won't freak out if I'm not here.

I drive to the store and pull out the grocery list. Should take about 45 minutes.

As I'm walking down an isle I hear someone call me from behind.

"Haleigh?" I hear a very familiar voice. I turn around and see one of he last people I want to see. Josh. I play it off though.

"Oh! Hey Josh," I say awkwardly. He walks up to me and hugs me. I shiver at his touch. It scares me when he touches me because of what he did to me.

"How have you been?" He asks joyfully. WTF? Why the hell is he acting like this? Maybe he has a girlfriend. More like therapy.

"I've been good. What about you? Have a girlfriend or something?" I ask.

"Nope. I'm solo. What about you? Still with Luke?" He asks. I sensed a hint if disgust when he said Luke's name.

"Yeah. I'm actually pregnant, so..."

He looks shocked, but smiles. "Well, congrats to the both of you! We should keep in touch, like friend-wise I mean," He says.

"Yeah. That'd be cool." I write my number down reluctantly and hand it to him.

"I'll text you later. Oh! And thank you for being willing to be my friend. It means a lot." I don't know what's happened to Josh, but it's good. Hopefully we can be friends.

I walk to the register and see another familiar face. I look at him for a second.

"Do I know you? You look awfully familiar," I comment.

"I don't know. My name's Jaxson," he replies.

"Oh, yeah! I met you in an airport in Hawaii!"

"Oh yeah! It's Haleigh, right?" He asks, smiling at me.

"Yeah." I smile back.

"Well, anything new with you?" He asks.

"Yeah. I'm actually pregnant."

"Congrats! Hey, um, do you think I could have your number? I think it'd be really cool if we could be friends. That is, if your boyfriend doesn't mind. He seems pretty protective of you," he adds. I laugh lightly.

"Yeah!" I write down my number. I grab my bags and begin to head out.

"Bye Haleigh!" He waves.

"Bye Jaxson!" I turn and raise a bag as a hand to wave.

I walk to the car and load it. I drive home with my alternative music playing. When I get home I take the groceries inside the house. Luke helps me with the rest and we sit down and watch TV. While we're sitting there, he suddenly swings my body on top of his. I look into his mischievous eyes and smile at his boyishness.

"How am I so lucky to have you Luke?" I ask, smiling down at him. "It so rare to have a five year old boyfriend."

He chuckles. "Then actually, I should be asking you that question." He smiles before smashing his lips into mine.

I close my eyes and enjoy the moment as his arms snake around my waist, bringing me impossibly closer to him. I wrap my arms around his neck and tug at the hairs on the back of his neck.

I swear I love this man to death. He completes me in every way possible and he loves me for who I am. I know I can't live without Luke.