Chapter Fourteen

Luke's POV

I drive up to Haleigh's house, elated that I had finally arrived. I walk up to the door and ring the doorbell. It opens, revealing Ms. Wilson.

"Oh, hello Luke," she says with a smile. "How are you?"

"I'm good, thank you," I answer, trying to pull off the most polite act as I could. "How about you?"

"I'm good, thanks for asking." She steps aside, letting me walk in. "Haleigh is in her room, but you can go up and surprise her if you'd like."

I thank her before skipping up the steps to Haleigh's room before knocking on her door.

"Come in!" Haleigh calls. I open the door to see her on the bed, a sketch book in her lap as she focuses intently on her artwork. She looks up at me, a big smile making its way onto her face as she stands up and walks over to me, wrapping her arms around my neck in a hug. "Hey babe!"

"Hey," I chuckle, hugging her around the waist as I kiss the top of her hair "How are you doing?"

"Great," she says. "Just sketching. I was kind of bored so..." she trailed off with a shrug.

"What were you drawing?" I ask curiously, walking over to bed before plopping down on it and picking up the sketch book. On the paper is a pair of eyes that look intensely straight at me, which kind of takes me by surprise. "These are so realistic," I say, fascinated, leaning over the sketch to see if I could get the eyes to stop staring at me.

"Thanks," she says, sitting next to me. "Do you want me to leave you alone with them?" she asks teasingly.

I laugh and set the sketch book down behind me before leaning in to kiss her. She smiles into the kiss, placing her hand on my cheek before she pulls away.

"Hey, do you think we could go hang out with Alex together? I was going to go see her later anyways."

I nod. "Sure thing. Let's go."

Haleigh gets up, slipping on some converse before she follows me out of the room and downstairs.

"Hey, Mom, we're going to go hang out with Alex. That's okay right?" Haleigh asks her mother who had been sitting in the kitchen reading a magazine.

"Yes, hon that's fine. Just come back at a decent time, alright?"

"Alright! By mom!" She says, grabbing my hand as she walks to the front door. "We're taking your motorcycle, right?"

"Yeah," I say, smirking as we walk to my bike. I hand her a helmet."That won't be an issue, right, Williams?"

"Only in your dreams, Moore," she teases, sliding the helmet over her head. I chuckle, swinging my leg over the bike and patting for her to get on behind me. With her arms wrapped around me and her head resting on my back, I kick up the stand and start up the bike before making my way to Alex's house, which was less than a ten minute ride from here.

Once we get there, Haleigh gets off the bike and walks up to the door, with me not too far behind. Alex answers the door with Tyler behind her with a fake disgusted look on her face.

"Ew, what are you doing here," she asks with a high, sassy voice, making us laugh. She lets us in and walks us in.

<><><><><><><><><>

Haleigh's POV

Once Luke, Alex, Tyler, and I had worn ourselves out, we all agreed that we should be getting home, since we had school tomorrow.

"Well thanks for the coming over guys," Alex says as she walks us to the door.

"Thanks for having us," I say with a small laugh. "Though you really didn't have a choice, did you?"

"Nope," she says. "Never do."

We say our final goodbyes before Luke and I get back on the motorcycle and ride home. We pull up to my house and I get off the bike, Luke taking off his helmet but staying put.

"Thank you for spending time with me," I say with a smile.

"Of course," he smiles back. "There is a price though."

"Oh? And what would that be?" I tease.

"A kiss, of course." He smirks.

"A kiss? Why of course," I giggle, before leaning toward him and capturing his lips. His hand holds my hip, pulling me towards him as he deepens the kiss. Luke pulls away much to my dismay, and probably his as well, and smiles.

"I'll see you tomorrow," he says. I nod, waving as he put his helmet back on. He drove his bike off and I turn back to my house, walking up to it and going inside to greet my mom.

After talking for a little bit, I go upstairs to my room and change into my pajamas before hopping into bed and snuggling into the covers. I drift into a nice, long sleep.