Chapter Six

Alex's POV

It's finally Friday! I get dressed in jeans and a loose t-shirt as usual and go to school. I meet Tyler at the front of the school, having him hug me when I reached him.

"How are you?" He asks, holding my hand.

"Ready for this school day to be over," I answer, smiling up at Tyler.

"Me too." He looks like an anxious little kid on Christmas Eve. I couldn't help but laugh.

"I'm gonna warn you beforehand, I'm going to shoot more doves than you. That's just how it always works. Sorry." I smile tauntingly at him.

"Well, I'll just have to break that streak," he replies. I just smile and shake my head, and we soon head to our first class.

We finally finish the day. I'm overwhelmed with the excitement of being on a date with Tyler, if that's what you would call this.

Tyler and I walk to our cars. Right now I was driving my black BMW convertible, and Tyler was driving a black Ford F-150.

"Let's drive our cars to our houses and from there just go in your truck," I tell him. He nods, and we drive to our houses.

I change into a brown T-shirt and Tyler grabs his gun and puts it in his truck, and we start driving.

"Alright, so where are we going?" Tyler asks me.

"Just keep driving. I'll give you directions."

I turn on the radio and play country music.

"I'm assuming you like country music, but if you don't then I'm sorry but that's what we're listening to."

Tyler chuckles. "You assumed right."

The first song that comes on is one of my favorites: Point At You by Justin Moore.

I begin singing along, but my singing is interrupted by Tyler singing it at the top of his lungs, horribly. I laugh so hard that tears fall out of my eyes. Then the chorus comes on. Tyler continues to sing along, and for the second half, which says "If they wanna see my sweet side, my soft side, my best side, I just point at you," Tyler pointed at me. I laugh and kiss him on the cheek.

For the rest of the drive, we listened to more country songs and Tyler held my hand in his.

We finally got there. Tyler gapes and gets out of the truck, looking around.

"Where'd you find a place like this?" He asks me.

"My dad and his co-worker own it," I say casually.

He gapes even more. "Your dad owns a gun club?"

I nod. He was completely speechless but smiled and shook his head.

"Come on, you need to meet him."

I pull him inside the clubhouse and walk up to Dad and Mrs. Jane.

"Hey Dad," I say, hugging him.

"Hey sweetheart. What're you up to and who'd you bring with you?" He asks, looking over my shoulder.

"This is Tyler Hayes. He and his family moved into the house next to ours in the city. They're from Louisiana."

"It's nice to meet you sir," Tyler says, shaking my dad's hand.

"You too."

"I wanted to know if we could go dove hunting," I say to my Dad.

"Yeah, there's no one hunting or anything right now, so go ahead."