Chapter Nineteen

Luke's POV

To say I was glad that Haleigh was talking to me again is an understatement, and admitting my love to her felt like a huge burden off my chest.

I had been trying to tell her that for awhile now, but I never could. I guess my blabbering got it out of me. Best part though, is that she loved me back.

After school, I take Haleigh to my house and we finish our project, so we won't have to worry about it later.

I can't help but get distracted by her beautiful face, and it drives me insane, trying not to kiss or touch her. The thing that calms me down is the fact that I knew she was mine.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

*One year later - Graduation*

Haleigh's POV

It's finally graduation day. The past two years seemed to fly by, and Luke and I were really serious about each other and I couldn't help but feel proud of that.

I'm sitting by Luke, his hand on my thigh as we wait for our names to be called.

"All A-Honor Roll students," Our principle announces. He calls out a list of names. Of course, Alex is one of the names called. We all cheer for her as she receives her certificate, maybe a little louder than everyone else. She smiles over at us as she walks to the line of students.

Next to be called up was A's and B's. Everyone, including Luke, goes up to the stage. Alex is the only one sitting at our seats. What a smart ass.

After we receive our rewards, we sit back down and wait for diplomas.

Tyler, the twins, Aiden, Emma, then Kyle are called up to the stage. I just had to get emotional when they got called, and tears rolled down my cheeks, followed by a little sobbing.

Alex gave me the 'What the hell?' look, making me laugh to myself. Luke on the other hand had to be really comforting.

"Babe, is it that time a month again?" he asks, rubbing circles on my back.

"Really Luke?" I answer, laughing a little.

"Hey! I'm a guy. My mom briefly touched on how girls get emotional once a month." He raises his hands in surrender.

I laugh, just as my name is called.

"Haleigh Williams," the announcer calls.

"You got this babe," Luke comforts.

I nod and make my way to the podium. One of my teachers hands me my diploma and shakes my hand.

"Congratulations, Haleigh." He smiles.

"Thank you, Mr. Long." I return his smile.

I take my place in the line of students, and after everyone is called, we throw our hats into the air and are finally dismissed. I can't believe high school is over.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

I was driving back to my house when Emma called me.

"Hey," I say.

"Hey! When are we heading to Hawaii?" She asks excitedly. I laugh.

We're going to Hawaii for our senior trip. It's just going to be the girls and our boyfriends though, which honestly is going to be better than going with a ton of people.

"Tomorrow! We'll meet up at school and just take my SUV to the airport around 4:30 in the afternoon."

"Okay. You should probably text everyone what we're doing," she replies.

"Okay, I will. Love you, bye." I hang up the phone as I drive up to my house. I put everyone in a group text.

'Hey! Just to let you guys know, we need to meet up at the school tomorrow at 4:00pm. We'll take my SUV tomorrow to the airport. Then we're off to HAWAII!!!' -Haleigh

'Yay!!!' -Hannah

'So excited!' -Alex

'Cool:)' -Tyler

'I can't wait!!!' -Victoria

'See you then sweet cheeks;)' -Luke

I laugh at Luke's text, and they continue on.

'Great!' -Kyle

'Already have my bags packed:)' -Aiden

That should be everyone. Emma didn't text back since I already told her. I put my phone down and lay onto my bed, exhausted. I end up falling asleep, dreaming about Hawaii.

*******************************

We all meet up at the school and take the SUV to the airport.

We go through security, grab some snacks, and by then, it's time to board the plane. The plane had three seats on each side, so the nine of us took up a row and a half. Emma and Aiden are the only ones not sitting next each other because they weren't as serious as the rest of us. That makes me remember a conversation I had with Aiden.

Flashback

"Hey, Haleigh. Can I talk to you for a second?" Aiden asked.

"Yeah, sure."

We stepped to the side and lowered our voices.

"Are you okay, Aiden?" I asked, seeing his troubled expression.

"Yeah. It's just that I want things to go well with me and Emma, you know? Do you have any advice?"

"Well, first off, Emma is more of the shy type, so you have to give her time to warm up to you. Second, she's vintage and loves the old timey romance, such as love letters. Stuff like that."

He thought for a second before nodding. "Okay. Thank you. If you haven't noticed, I'm desperate and Emma is different from the girls I've met."

"I know. She's a character." I chuckled. "Just don't hurt her."

"Don't worry about that. I wouldn't even dream of it." He laughed

End of flashback

I sit in my seat in silence until Luke's hand starts sliding up my leg. I look at him, seeing his eyes already looking at me, his filled with lust and love. In the awkward silence, I had to make an awkward comment.

"Hi."

He leans closer to me and towards my ear. "Hi." His hot, minty breath runs down my neck. I shiver.

He knows he has that effect and smiles at me. "Love you, sweet cheeks."

"Love you too, Luke."

He kisses me hard on the lips and licks my bottom lip. I let him in and our tongues battle, but he suddenly pulls away, causing me to whimper.

He smirks mischievously and pecks me once more.

"We'll do that at the beach house. I hear the rooms are sound proof."

"I hope so."

He laughs out loud, and I soon join.

After take-off, the flight attendant says that the flight will be about 8 hours. I roll my eyes and growl. Luke looks down at me, a little frightened.

"I'm not looking forward to the flight either, but damn." He chuckles.

I blush and laugh a little too.

After a while, I lean against Luke with my sleeping mask on and drift off into a dreamless sleep.