Chapter Forty-Nine

Emma's POV:

I wake up to my phone vibrating on my night stand, seeing that I have a text from Aiden. I've been going out with him since Alex's wedding, which was about seven months ago. I've still been hesitant around him, keeping my guard up. No matter how stupid it may seem, I'm still upset about what happened with that girl.

I sit up in my bed, brushing my crazy curly hair out of my face and look to see my roommate passed out on the ground. I roll my eyes, knowing she went clubbing last night, since it was a Friday, but she does that all the time. Not just on the weekends, but during the week as well. Sometimes, to my relief, she doesn't come back the next morning, probably because she had been fooling around with a guy.

I stand up and go to the closet, pulling out some high waisted denim shorts and a turquoise top. I put on my matching keds before checking my phone again, seeing that I have a missed call from Aiden. I call him as I grab my purse and walk out the door.

"Emma?"

"Yes?"

"I was calling to tell you that I'm outside. I was going to take you to Starbucks, if you want," he says nervously into the phone.

"Yeah, that sounds good. I'll see you in a second."

"Alright."

I hang up and walk outside. I see Aiden's black jeep parked up front and I walk to the side, getting in the car.

"Hey Ems," Aiden says with that charming smile.

"Hey Aiden," I smile back. "How are you?"

"I'm good. What about you?" he asks as he pulls out of the parking lot.

"Eh, I'm good, but my stupid roommate was passed out on the floor again." I shake my head, trying not to imagine what she did last night.

"That stinks. My roommate is worse though. He's a nice guy and all, but he brings in a different girl to our room all the time. You don't even want know what it's like to have someone having sex in the bed next to your's," he says with a shudder. I shake my head again. College kids are stupid.

We pull up to Starbucks and walk in, ordering our drinks and sitting at a table. Aiden intertwines his fingers with mine, looking into my eyes. He smiles and pulls out something from his pocket.

I gasp dramatically when I realize what they were. Two tickets to the 1 Direction concert tonight!

"Oh my gosh Aiden!" I squeal. "I had wanted to go to this!" He chuckles.

"I managed to get them from Niall," he says to me, never letting the smile leave his face. "And we're meeting them for dinner before the concert."

I gaped at him. "You're amazing Aiden," I say excitedly. He smiles. I can't believe he did this for me.

I observe my ticket, seeing that the concert was at 7:00 tonight. I check the time. It's only 11:00am. I look back up to see Aiden looking at me with an almost sad look in his eye.

"What's wrong?" I ask. He just shakes his head and tries to put on a fake smile, but I can see right through it. He stands up, saying, "Let's get going. There was somewhere I wanted to take you."

I just nod and pick up my drink before following him out the door. We get in the car and he drives off. There was a silence looming in the air the entire drive, but I couldn't tell whether it was comfortable or awkward. Though, it felt uncomfortable to me because I didn't know what was going on with Aiden.

He pulls up to a park that we've been to before. It was so peaceful and quiet, especially when we went on the trails for a walk.

We get out and he takes my hand in his as he takes us down a trail. As we walk, I look over at him to see him deep in thought.

"Aiden, really, what's wrong?" I ask as I stop. He turns to me and holds my other hand as well.

He takes a deep breath. "I don't know what to do. Emma, I've tried everything to get you back. To get you to love me again. I've asked Haleigh for advice, I've asked Alex for advice, I've asked all of our friends for any way to get you to trust me again. I never stopped loving you and I never stopped caring about you. The thing that's bothering me is that you don't love me back." A tear slips down his cheek and his voice cracks as he says the last sentence.

I'm speechless and frozen. The reason why he's been upset is because he thinks I don't love him. I do love him. I always have and I never stopped. I just never admitted it to anyone, because that would prove my point wrong. I never wanted to date guys, and all my friends knew that, because fear of one breaking my heart. When I saw that girl kissing Aiden, it only proved my theory on dating, but when I found that I still loved him, it would've just shown me wrong.

I open my mouth to say something, but I can't find the words to say anything.

He runs his hand through his hair, saying, "Great. Now I screwed up again. Emma just because I said that, I don't want anything to change. I mean-"

I cut him off by pulling him down to me and kissing his lips. He's shocked at first, but soon kisses me back, cupping my cheek in his hand. He pulls away before anything gets heated, resting his forehead on mine. "I love you Emma."

I can't help the huge smile that lights my face as I reply back, "I love you too Aiden."