Chapter Forty-Two

Jaxson's POV

The doorbell rings. I'm currently at Haleigh's house since I was invited to decorate for her baby shower.

"I'll get it!" I shout. I jog to the door and open it, revealing one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen. She has blond hair blue eyes and is naturally beautiful. I stare for a while until I snap myself from my thoughts.

"Hi," I say awkwardly, never letting my eyes leave her's, making her blush.

"Hi. I'm Victoria, Haleigh's friend," She says, offering me her hand. I smile and shake it, never taking my eyes from those beautiful blue ones. I stare at her, my hand still gripping her's. I shake myself out of my trance.

"Sorry," I apologize.

"There's nothing to be sorry about. What's your name?"

"Jaxson. Jaxson Smith," I say.

"Nice to meet you, Jaxson. Can I come in?" She giggles. That giggle. Gah, I'm struck. I step aside, letting her walk in, before closing the door and taking her hand to the backyard. We walk out and she greets Haleigh, who was more than happy to see her.

"Hey V! I see you've met Jaxson!" Haleigh squeals.

"Yeah." Victoria smiles, making my heart flutter.

"Well, I guess you can get started with decorating with Josh and Luke. I need to start making the cake!" she says. "Jaxson can you come help me please?"

I nod and follow her inside. She smiles at me and gets out all the ingredients. I can't help but daydream about Victoria. I mean, she's beautiful, she's kind hearted, for what I know, and that is the kind of girl I've always dreamed of.

Haleigh looks at me with a confused expression.

"What are you thinking so hard about, Jaxson? Hell, you never think!" She jokes.

"Haha, very funny," I joke with a fake scowl.

"Well? Are you going to tell me?" She pauses and clicks her tongue, "or nah?"

"Seriously? You're on Vine that much now?" I smirk.

"Yeah. Quit avoiding the goddamn question, or I'll hit you with this," she says, holding up the pan for the cake.

I laugh, shaking my head. "Fine." I pause. "I may kind of maybe have likings for Victoria."

She smiles, but her face drops as she shakes her head. "Victoria has a boyfriend in California. I know he's not good for her. Hell, he met her in a bar, on a beach. They said they loved each other after the first night together and boom. They're an item. I wish she would see someone like you and understand that love takes time." She sighs as she pours the batter into the pan.

"Yeah. I guess I see what you're saying. Though, when she was at the door, she didn't seem- off- did she? I mean, I don't know her, but she seemed off."

"Yeah. I saw that."

"Every Time she looked at me, she seemed to be having an internal battle with herself." I pause as I put the icing into the icing bags. "I don't know. All I know is that you should talk to her."

She nods and puts the batter in the oven. As we wait, we put all the icing in bags and cut the tips for different sizes of icing line. As if on cue, the timer goes off and it's time for the cake to cool. We set it out and talk until the next timer goes off, signaling the time to ice the cake. Victoria comes in and sits down, watching as we iced the cake. I decide to play around and put icing on Haleigh's mouth. Then, Luke comes in and handles the icing in a -friendly- way. I laugh and turn to see Victoria watching Luke and Haleigh. She had a sad smile on her face and she was deep in thought. She snaps out of her thoughts and looks around to make sure no one was watching, but her eyes find mine and she looks miserable. She smiles sadly before getting up and going out the back yard. Haleigh looks at me and nods, leaving the three of us alone. I decide to look out the window as Haleigh and Victoria talked. Victoria was crying and Haleigh was comforting. Victoria was hurt, there's no missing that. I watch as they start to stand up to come in so I walk back to the kitchen, not wanting to seem like a stalker. Josh was gone and Luke seemed a little angry, but I blew it off. He'll be fine.