Chapter Seventeen

Emma's POV

After school, I get a text from Aiden, asking if I could come over to work on our play in drama.

'Hey, can you come over to work on drama?' -A

'I guess. I'll be there in about twenty minutes.' -E

'See you then:)' -A

"Hey, Haleigh, can you drive me to Aiden's?" I ask as we walk to her car.

"Yeah," she answers.

Haleigh, the twins and me get in her car and she drops me off first.

"Thanks!" I say as I get out of the car.

"No problem, girlie! Bye!"

I wave at them as they drive away, and soon walk up to the door and knock.

Aiden answers it quickly.

"Hey," he says, gesturing for me to walk in. I do and pull out my script, laughing at the title once again. Super creative, naming it 'Not Exactly Romeo and Juliet.' (Note the sarcasm)

"Should we just start where we left off?" I ask him.

"Yeah that works."

I look down at the script to see that it was Aiden's line first. I wait for him to start.

"It doesn't have to be this way. We can be together. We can run off and start our own lives together, where our parents can't keep us apart."

"Romeo, I can't. I have to stay here and help my family. It kills me that we have to be apart, but they need me. I love you with all my heart and will never love anyone else."

"Please-"

"I'm sorry,' I whisper, managing to make a tear fall out of my eye.

"Then just let me do one thing before I have to go," Aiden moves closer to me, and soon our faces are only inches apart. His lips press softly onto mine. I was planning on treating this as just another part of the script, but it became so much more.

Aiden wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me into him. In response I wrap mine around his neck, completely forgetting about the script as kisses me.

Aiden finally pulls away from me. I'm left breathless with a tingling sensation on my lips.

I look at him with shock. "Wow."

"Yeah," he says, looking at me with admiration.

"I, uh, think I should be getting home now. Can you drive me or should I call Haleigh?"

"I can drive you," he says. There's a little bit of disappointment in his voice.

We walk out to his car and drive to my house. On the way I turn on the radio. Oh. My. Gosh.

"And we danced all night to the best song ever!" I shout at the top of my lungs. Aiden laughs until the song is over and I laugh along with him.

"I know Niall Horan, you know," he says, glancing over at me. "Childhood friend."

I jerk my head toward his side of the car. "What?!" I screech. "I would do anything to meet him or even talk to him!"

He smirks at me. "Let's make a deal then. You go out on a date with me and I'll Facetime Niall for you."

I think for a second. Aiden is a great guy. It's not like he's a jerk or anything. What do I have to lose?

"Deal."

<><><><><><>

Haleigh's POV

I wake up the next morning, more grumpy than usual since I have to see Luke, and go through my morning routine of getting dressed, brushing my teeth, etc. Then, I get a text from Alex.