Chapter Thirty-Three

Luke's POV

Since Haleigh and I never went to the doctor yesterday, I said that we could go this afternoon. I made an appointment for 1:30.

Around 1pm, we get dressed and head to the doctor. We walk in, check in at the front desk, and wait. I was tapping my foot nervously, but Haleigh put her hand on my knee, stopping me. I look into her beautiful blue eyes and she smiled at me reassuringly, making me automatically relax.

She could do anything to me whether it was make me relax or cheer me up. Our eyes snap from each other's when a woman calls our names.

"Haleigh Williams and Luke Moore?" She asks again, looking directly at us. I tense up and can't speak.

"That's us!" Haleigh says cheerfully. She smiles at me and pulls me out of my seat, following the nurse. When we get to the door, Haleigh walks in. I stop and take a deep breath. I feel a hand on my shoulder and look to see the nurse.

"It'll be okay. Just relax, kiddo!" She smiles at me, patting my back before walking into the room. I walk into the room and walk over to the side of the bed that Haleigh was on. She grabs my hand and smiles at me with her cute smile. I smile back at her and squeeze her hand, trying to show her I wasn't nervous, but failed terribly.

"Luke, don't be nervous. I'm the one carrying the child."

"That's the point! I don't know what's going to happen to you. I'm just scared. There's so many 'what ifs' and worries." I sigh, squeezing her hand as I speak.

"I'll be okay Luke. I'm not even five months along yet."

"I know. I'm sorry," I say, kissing her small hand. Just then the doctor walks in. He is way taller than me and is an older man with a gruff face and black hair. He smiles over at me and Haleigh.

"Hello-" he looks down at his sheet and clipboard. "Haleigh and Luke, is it?" He asks.

"Yes sir." I nod stiffly. Haleigh nods with a smile, continuing on with her excitement.

"Well, just to reassure you, there's no need to be nervous Luke. This is just a scan to see what the gender of the baby is." He smiles and pats my back, causing me to jolt forward a little with each pat. Then he starts asking all the uncomfortable questions like when was the last time we had sex or whether we had a history of diseases and stuff like that. It's was super awkward telling him that last night was the last time we did it. And of course we didn't have a history of diseases. He wrote notes on his clipboard and paper then looked back up at us.

"Haleigh. Luke. Could you follow me to the next room?" He asks. We nod and follow him. In this room, there is another bed, but there's also an odd looking machine. He says it's an ultrasound and that it would show what's inside of Haleigh's stomach.

"Could you lift up your shirt and stop at your rib cage Haleigh?" The doctor asks as he puts on some gloves. She pulls her shirt up and looks really nervous. I stand next to her and hold her hand to comfort her. He puts some gel stuff on her stomach, making her giggle and comment on how it was cold, and turns on the machine. Then he puts the 'camera' on her stomach and moves it around. We all look at the screen. I saw two figures on the screen and I look between it and the doctor in confusion.

"Well, you're having twins! A boy and a girl!" He exclaims with a smile.

Haleigh squeals but I can't help but get light headed. Soon everything goes black.

:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;;;:;:;:;:;:;:;

Haleigh's POV

When the doctor said that I was having twins my heart nearly jumped out of my chest. Twins! More babies for me.