Chapter Forty-Six

Haleigh's POV

After staying in the hospital for a day, Luke takes me and Amanda home. The fun part of that was him putting her in the car seat he had bought her. Let's just say there was a lot of crying from Amanda and a lot of hair pulling and frustration from Luke.

When I get home, I just want to lay down in my bed and go to sleep. So I do just that. After I set up the bassinet in our room so the baby could sleep in there with us.

Before I fall asleep, I can't help but realize that I feel really skinny. I mean I just lost a little weight, but still. Now I'd have to go to the gym more often. Great. With that thought, I drift off into a deep sleep.

\_\_\_\_\_\_\

When I wake up, I hear crying coming from downstairs. I go downstairs to find Luke holding Amanda, trying to make her stop crying. I walk over and take her in my arms. Her crying slows, but she still cries.

"I think she's hungry Haleigh." Luke sighs, running a hand through his trimmed hair.

I nod as I sit down, lifting up my shirt and breast feeding her. I look up to find Luke staring at me, then he pouts his lip and crosses his arms over his chest.

"Those are mine!" He whines.

"Not anymore, pervert." I roll my eyes. I continue to breast feed her until she pulls away and, eventually, goes to sleep. "I'm going to take her upstairs."

Luke nods with his eyes closed. I take her upstairs and lay her in bassinet, looking down at her peaceful face. I have a feeling she won't be this peaceful often.

I walk downstairs to find Luke snoring on the couch. I sigh and sit next to him, resting my head on his shoulder. He stirs and his snores stop, meaning he had woken up.

"I'm sorry babe. I'm worn out." He sighs, running his hand over his face. I look up and see his hair covering his face. I brush it out of his eyes, making him laugh. "I need a haircut, I know. I'll get one this weekend."

****** You know where it is!****** (Scene)

Not two seconds after relaxing on the couch, Amanda starts crying.

"Your turn," I say.

"Nope. I'm not present, act as if I'm not here." Luke groans.

"No, I had to feed her, you have to take care of her now."

"I have a proposal."

"And what's that oh weird one?" I tease.

"One, I'm not weird, I just relieved our sexual beasts that have been prowling for the past few days. And, two, I say we both go up and take care of her. I call it," dramatic pause. "Teamwork."

"OMG! Never heard of it." I say sarcastically as I get up from the couch. "Oh, and FYI, don't ever refer to our 'needs' as beasts. Ever." I laugh as I shake my head as Luke laughs along with me.

I go upstairs with Luke at my side and pick up Amanda, feeling her diaper.

"Her diaper's wet." I say, taking her to the baby room where the changing table was. I change her diaper with less difficulty than I thought I would have. I put her onesie on and hold her in my arms and watch as her tiny hands wrap around my pinky as she yawns. She falls asleep in my arms for the first time since the day she was born, since she had slept in the infirmary in the hospital.

My eyes snap up to Luke, remembering his presence. His eyes hold the same emotion they did at the hospital when Amanda was first born. Love. He walks over to me and looks me in the eyes as he holds his arms out to hold her. I reluctantly place Amanda in Luke's arms. I watch as he smiles down at our daughter.