Chapter Twenty-Six

Haleigh's POV

After Tyler and Alex left, I decided to make breakfast. While I was cooking Luke came from behind me and wrapped there arms around me and rested their head in the nape of my neck.

"What are we eating sweetcheeks?" Luke asks, his warm breath hitting my ear, making me shiver.

"Bacon, eggs, and toast. Just a normal breakfast."

"Can I help?"

"Sure! You can start toasting the toast." I say, pointing to the bread and toaster with my free hand.

><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~

After we finished with breakfast we set up the table and called the others down. We sat down and began eating our food.

"Everyone's still going to the luau tonight?" I ask.

"I am," Emma says cheerfully.

"Me too," Aiden chimes in.

"We aren't," Kyle says bluntly.

"Why not?" I ask.

"We don't feel like going out tonight," Hannah says with a shrug.

"No, y'all are going to the party whether you like it or not. You guys have been staying here instead of going out and having fun and that's about change. You're going to the luau," I say to them sternly.

They both sigh in defeat. "Fine," Hannah mutters. We ate in silence and cleaned up afterwards.

As Luke and I are heading up stairs, my stomach begins to churn and I feel super sick.

I run to our bathroom and kneel over the toilet, throwing up all the food I just ate.

Luke walks into bathroom and leans over me, rubbing my back. "Haleigh, are you okay?"

"Yeah," I reply, sighing.

I flush the toilet and wash my hands and mouth out.

I turn around to find a very worried Luke. "Maybe we should go to the hospital," he says nervously.

I touch his cheek lightly, making him calm down. "Babe, I'm okay. It happens in pregnancy and we can go to the hospital when we go back home. Okay?"

He nods, leaning his head in my hand as he holds my hand in his. "I just don't want to lose you. I know nothing about this and I'm scared."

"I'm scared too. Believe me. I'm the one carrying the thing. But guess what? I'm happy that I can bring a life into the world, especially if it's with you." I smile at him.

He smiles. "Me too." He hugs me and holds me there, his chin resting on the top of my head. "I love you Haleigh."

"I love you too Luke."

We eventually pull away. I look at the time, seeing that it's about noon. The luau starts at five.

"I'm going to take a nap. I'm feeling really sleepy."

"Okay. I'll join you."

We both lay on the bed. I'm facing away from him and he's facing me. He pulls me into him gently and I fall asleep in his arms.

Alex's POV

Tyler and I were fishing for about three hours and caught a lot of great fish.

It's about 1:00pm, and since the luau's at 5:00, I figured we should go back to the beach house.

"We should head back. It's a hour drive and we have to get ready for the luau," I tell Tyler.

"Okay, let's go." He grabs my hand as we walk back to the SUV.

We drive with the local country station on the radio and hear 'Point at You' come on. Just like in high school. I smile and sing along.

"Throwback to our first date." Tyler smiles at me with his amazing smile. I return it.

We pull into the driveway at about 2:00. I have three hours to get ready.

I put on a simple black strapless dress that has a turquoise band on the waist. I curl my hair and put my make-up on, then go to check on Haleigh.

I walk to Haleigh and Luke's room and knock on the door. Luke answers it and opens the door for me to come in. I see Haleigh fast asleep, sprawled out on the bed.

"I tried to wake her up and she hit me where the sun don't shine," Luke says, and I realize that's why he's bent over awkwardly.

I laugh. "I'll wake her up." I walk over to the bed. "Haleigh get your ass up! We're getting ready for the luau!" I shout. Her eyes shoot open.

"What time is it? I have to get ready! Can you help me?"

"Yeah. Go get dressed and I'll do the rest."

She gets up and runs to her suitcase and pulls out a beautiful dress. It has spaghetti straps and goes about mid thigh on her. It's covered with hibiscus flowers and is a soft fabric.

She runs to the bathroom and changes into the dress. The dress is slimming and shows off some cleavage and her legs. Yep. That's Haleigh alright. I look at Luke, seeing his eyes wide as saucers.

"Okay! Let's get you cleaned up."