Chapter Fifty-One

Alex's POV:

College is finally over for me, but I've still got two more years of law school. Great. On top of that, I've been working nonstop and haven't been able to spend much time with Tyler, who has been working as well

I sigh, walking into the house. It's about 1:00 in the afternoon. Thankfully I got to get off work early, and it's a Saturday, so no school. Tyler's head shoots up from the book in his lap when he hears the door open and walks up to me.

"Hey," I say smiling at him.

"Hey," he replies. "You got off early." I chuckle at his excitement

"Yeah, they let me have a break," I reply. Tyler smiles before leaning closer to me, his breath tickling my ear.

"Well, I know something that we could do," he murmurs, kissing down my neck with his hand snaking up my back. I shiver at his touch and smile.

"Good idea."

Tyler's lips collide with mine roughly, making me moan. His tongue forces its way into my mouth and fights with mine as I tangle my fingers in his hair. I'm suddenly pushed up against a wall and lifted, my legs automatically wrapping around Tyler's waist. He carries me into our room and sets me onto the bed, never breaking our kiss.

The doorbell rings.

"Tyler," I say weakly, his lips on my neck a huge distraction. "I should probably answer that."

Tyler grunts, trailing kisses on my collar bone.

"Seriously."

I finally force myself to break him away from me and answer the door, Tyler coming up soon after. I open it to see Haleigh and Luke. Haleigh smiles and hugges me tightly, squealing, "Oh my gosh Alex, I've missed you! We haven't seen each other in at least two weeks!"

I laugh and hug her back. "I've missed you too, but, ya couldn't have waited maybe an hour, two hours to come?"

Haleigh pulls away and looks at me with her eyebrow raised and a mischevious smile.

"Were y'all, in the middle of something," she asks skeptically.

"Yes," Tyler answers bluntly and annoyed, crossing his arms and rolling his eyes. They laugh.

"Well, sorry to break that up, but since we're already here, and as fun as it is standing out in the cold weather, I'd prefer to be inside," Luke says. I nod and let them in. We go into the living room and sit down on couches, Amanda being laid on her play mat on the floor, until she starts crying. Then Uncle Tyler picks her up, holding her in one hand and wrapping his other arm around my waist.

"So, Alex, Tyler, what have you been up to, other than," Luke pauses. "That?" Everyone chuckles.

"Well, I've been going to law school, as you know, and with that and my job it's hard to get any free time, other than weekends, and sometimes I have to work then too. So yeah, there's the summary of my life in a sentence," I say, rolling my eyes. They laugh.

"How about you Tyler?" Haleigh asks.

"It's fine. Just takes up a lot of time," Tyler says. "Good pay though. What about you guys?"

"Well, Luke has started an internship at the clinic, since he wants to be a doctor," Haleigh states proudly.

"That's great," I say. "How's college been going for you Haleigh?"

"It's good! Most of my professors are really great, so I got lucky."

"What are you majoring in?" Tyler asks her.