Chapter 2

<Magnus's Point of View>

After Cecily leaves, I leave the secret room and begin to walk into the living room. I stop when I hear talking, I peek around the corner and see two warriors standing in my living room.

"You sure this is the last place the girl was seen?" One of them asks the other.

"Something tells me she was just here." The other tells him, I am so glad I sent her away. I think to myself. "Come on, we can come back later. See if she turns up."

"Why don't we just make Magnus Bane tell us." He says to his partner, this definitely doesn't sound good. I can't let them hurt Cecily. Not after I promised to protect her....

<Cecily's Point Of View>

After I finish up at the mall, I decide to wander around. Magnus never told me how to get back to his apartment and I don't know where it is either.... I sit down at a table outside, and decide to wait a little bit. About twenty minutes later Magnus walks up.

"Hi." I stand up and grab my stuff, "sorry I didn't head back sooner, I didn't know where to go-"

"Oh that's fine, I was- busy." Magnus explains, "we can just walk back so you can see where to go if you ever go anywhere on your own again." We begin to walk back, I begin to notice things I hadn't noticed before. It's all crazy and mind-blowing, yet still cool. I see all types of Downworlders, yet no Nephilim. Magnus points out this old looking church in the distance to me. "That is the New York Institute."

"Wow. I still can't believe I never noticed any of this before." I tell him, amazed by all I see.

"Yeah. I'm not sure how you didn't. Unless someone blocked this from your memory or something." Magnus mumbles, "speaking of which I ran the blood sample I took and you are in fact Nephilim."

"Thank you- for doing this for me." I tell him for what seems the hundredth time today.

"You are welcome what was I supposed to do? Just leave you out on the streets on your own?" Magnus asks me, "the world is a dangerous place. I couldn't just leave you undefended in a dangerous world."

"Yes and thank you for that." He stop walking in front of a old tall building.

"Here it is. My-our home." He opens the door and I step inside. We go up a flight of stairs, then he opens another door and we step into his real apartment which is bigger in the inside then on the outside. It must be because of some magic he's used. "Here why don't you go put your stuff away, I'll order some food. Is Chinese okay?"

I nod my head, then leave the room. I go into my room and set my bags on my new bed. I put the clothes I bought away, hang up my posters, and put my shoes under my bed. I walk back out of the room and into the kitchen. Magnus is standing in there, just staring off into space. I sit down at one of the stools at his counter, when he notices me sitting down.

"Oh, done already?" Magnus asks me, surprised.

"Yeah, I work quickly." I inform him.

"Well the food should be here any minute-" almost on queue the doorbell rings. "I better go get that." He leaves the room for a moment, then comes back in with boxes of Chinese takeout. He sets them at the table, I walk over there and sit down with him. Then we begin to silently eat the food.