Chapter 6

<Cecily's Point of View>

I wake up at the exact same time as Clary. I realize I'm still in the same outfit as yesterday, I'll just change after Clary leaves.

"Good morning." I tell her, yawning. She yawns, then smiles back at me.

"Good morning." She tells me.

"After we get some food, you might want to head back to the Institute before they really notice your gone." I inform her, "come on let's go get some food." We leave my secret room and instantly the aroma of pancakes hits me like a bus.

"Good morning girls." Dad tells me, flipping a pancake perfectly.

"Morning Dad." I nonchalantly respond.

"Are you two hungry?" He asks us as we both nod in synch as a response. "Good. Once you guys are done eating, will you walk Clary back to the Institute?" I nod my head in response, realizing he's more relaxed then he was last night, which is good for me. "Alright let's eat." We all begin to put pancakes on our plates and eat them.

"Magnus, when we came here last night we had a question for you..." Clary begins.

"Okay go ahead." He tells her.

"Did you take my memory?" She asks, "because for some reason, I just have blanks in my memory, parts where I may have witnessed the shadow world. But all that happens is your name pops up-your last name to be specific."

"Oh yes that-" he begins to answer but then we hear a yell come from the other room.

"Simon!" Clary exclaims, "I forgot he was still rat form he must've just changed back." She stands up and runs into the other room. I quickly get up and follow her out of the room. I walk into the room moments after and see Clary hugging Simon. "I'm so glad your okay!"

"Yeah me two." He replies sounding squished from her hug. "Hey I remember you." He points at me and my smile drops from my face.

"You-you do?" I nervously ask.

"You were the one who gave me that drink!" He accusingly exclaims.

"No. I was the one who told you not to drink it." I correct annoyedly, crossing my arms.

"Right sorry." I realize he's squinting and I remember he wore glasses last night. "Has anyone seen my glasses?"

"Oh yeah, sorry I had grabbed them last night..." Clary throws open her bag and rummages through it until she pulls out a pair of black, circle glasses. "Here ya go." She holds them out to him and he quickly takes them and puts them on.

"Where are we exactly?" Simon asks the redhead.

"Magnus Bane's apartment, come on we better head back." Clary tells him, "would you mind walking us back to the Institute now?"

"Sure lets go." I tell them.

I lead them through the kitchen , nonchalantly waving at Dad as we leave. We quickly go down the stairs and down the block. I walk in front of them while Clary explains most of what happened last night. After she does, I fall back so I can walk in line and make casual conversation with them until we arrive in front of the Institute. Simon opens the gate for Clary and I as we walk through. He follows, shutting the iron gate behind him. We briskly walk up the steps. Clary stops at the door.

"Do you know how to-?" She asks gesturing towards the door.

"Yeah." I shyly step up and place my hand on the rough wood. "I Cecily Grayweather, the Nephilim request access to the New York Institute." I squeeze my eyes tight, hoping it will work. The minute I remove my hand from the wood, the doors open. "It worked." I say with a shocked tone of voice.

"Of course it did!" Clary exclaims, "thanks for everything." She pulls me into a hug then pulls away, "see ya soon." I nod, then then turn around as she and Simon enter the large building.

"How'd you do that?" A voice asks as I step out of the gate.

"Open the door?" I ask, slightly startled.

"Yes. What else would I be asking about?" The person still remains unidentifiable so I just turn around and walk the opposite direction from my house.

"Leave me alone." I pick up my walking speed, "I don't want any trouble." I step in front of an alley, and immediately am shoved against a wall.

"How did you enter the Institute." The voice is male I think. I could be wrong though.... the brisk winter air whips against my face, blowing my hood off. I shakily breath, and see a puff of smoke leave my mouth.

"I-I didn't."  I chatter, I subtly reach for my pocket, expecting to find my phone. My phone isn't in any of my pockets, it must be at Dad's house. I curse myself for being such an idiot.

"Don't lie." The cloaked figure demands. "I want the truth and I want it now."

"What you saw over there wasn't me. I don't know what you are talking about." I lie through my gritted teeth.

"You may try to lie, but I can feel your lies pulsating like a beating heart." The figure tells me, "if you won't tell me here then I guess you'll just have to come with me." I let out a scream, quickly rip off my necklace, dropping it to the floor, then the world goes black.