Chapter 18

We finish decorating just in time for the first guests to arrive. It's an all types of people party. That means we've invited the fair folk, lycanthropes, vamps and warlocks. On the rare occasion Nephilim will show up but that is extremely rare. Forty-five minutes into the party I hear someone knock on the door.

"Ceci will you get that?" Dad calls over the noise of the party, I nod my head and head for the door.

"Hey come on in-" I stop when I see who it is, "Alec right?"

"Yeah." Alec shyly answers, "umm Magnus invited me...."

"Oh yeah come on in." I open the door and let him in. "He's over there." I point out the direction where Magnus is and Alec walks over to him. Magnus greets the nervous Shadowhunter with a hug and a smile, they would make a cute couple. I  bump into someone and I abruptly turn around.

"Sorry." She says, accidentally flashing a pair of vampire fangs.

"No that's alright." I feel my face going red with embarrassment.

"I'm Casanova." She tells me with a smile introducing herself.

"Hi!" I respond, "Cecily but everyone just calls me Ceci."

"Nice to meet you!" She exclaims, "that's a very pretty name by the way. I think I once met someone named Cecily...."

"Oh really?" I ask her, "if you don't mind me asking how old are you?"

"Not too old." Casanova informs me, "I'm around 90 but I'll forever be 18 I guess you could say."

"Is that when you were- you know?" I pry.

"Turned?" She finishes, "don't worry it's not that weird of a question." She smiles at me making me feel better, "yeah I was turned when I stumbled onto a vampire lair with some friends. I don't mind it too much I guess. The only terrible thing is the blood drinking."

"Oh." I comment, "I sometimes forget that part."

"Yeah." She says, "it sucks." Casanova pauses and laughs, "get it? Cause I'm a vampire." I understand the unintended pun and start to laugh. "Anyways it stinks because before I was a vegetarian and it's super hard to stay by that life style sometimes."

"I thought you guys just-"

"Rob blood banks?" She asks with a laugh, "we do, but sometimes when your going places you kind of need to just hunt for a bunny or something."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be." Casanova smiles again, "it's really nice to meet you."

"Yeah it's nice to meet you two." I agree.

"So is this your first downworlder party?" Casanova asks me, half-whispering like it should be kept a secret.

"No." I honestly answer, "can you keep a secret?"

"Of course I can." Casanova assures me, "my parents never found out I was a vampire...which was weird they never questioned why I looked so young or why I only visited them at night...."

"I kind of live here so I have attended almost all of the parties."

"No way!" She exclaims, "so does that make you a warlock?"

"No." I tell her, "Magnus adopted me."

"Are you a mundane?"

"No."

"You'll have to tell me at some point if we're going to be friends."

"You want to be friends?" I hopefully ask her, she smiles and nods.

"If you want to I think it'd be fun to hang out more with you." Casanova tells me.

"Of course!" I exclaim happily, I think that'd be fun."

"Then if we are going to be friends you better call me by my nickname." Casanova tells me, "you can call me Cassia."

"Cassia it is then." I confirm.

We chat for the rest of the party, towards two in the morning everyone leaves. I go back to my room and collapse on my bed, exhausted.