Chapter 33

We pull up in front of the recognizable apartment building. We all quietly get out. All of us move gracefully and quickly. We check our weapons one more time before we head into the apartment complex.

"Fingers crossed." I hear Simon whisper as we enter the back door of the complex.

We quickly begin to ascend the stairway, Jace and Alec in the lead, my Dad in the back, the rest of us are in the middle of the pack. As I look up at where Jace and Alec are, I wonder about the parabatai bond, what it feels like to be on your own, then after a simple ceremony, its no longer just yourself you have to worry about, but also the safety of that person who you are now bonded with. A bond closer than marriage. We reach the floor where their apartment is, Jace takes the lead. Jace holds his seraph blade in front of him, Alec knotches his bow, Simon and I do the same. Clary pulls out another seraph blade, and quietly whispers something inaudibly to the blade. Izzy's snake bracelet goes into a whip. I look backwards and see Dad, with blue magic in his hands. Jace ignores the typicaly procedure of 'knock first', and just kicks the door in. We all stream in, I see Jude on sitting on the couch playing some video game. He drops his game controller, and stands up.

"Sit back down." Alec demands, aiming his bow right between Jude's eyes. He complies sitting slowly back onto the old couch. Simon takes over and guards Jude as the rest of us search the rest of the house.

"Found another one!" I hear Jace call from another room, he carefully drags Amara out of a room down the hall.

"Where is the other one?" I hear Clary ask aloud, we all stream back into the front room. Simon still has his bow aimed at Jude's head. "Where are they Jude?"

"You know my name?" He scoffs, "color me surprised."

"We do our research kid." Jace crosses his arms, the light from his seraph blade fades. "Tell us what we want to know."

"Or what?" He opposes.

"We'll kill your friend." Izzy holds up a dagger I didn't know she had up against Amara's neck.

"Jude, don't." She demands, "don't give up Cassia's location. You don't scare me Shadowhunter scum."

"I wouldn't if I were you." Izzy opposes, tightening her grip on the dagger around her neck. "Say one more thing and I'll slit your throat undertand?" Amara nods. "Continue Jude." She gives him a sickly sweet smile.

"I would never give up my friends." He informs us, "despite what your people like to believe about us 'Downworlder scum", we just happen to be more loyal then any five of you Nephilim."

"I take heavy offense to that." Jace sarcastically says, changing his stance slightly. "Come on guys lets just bring them back to the Institute, maybe they'll feel more like sharing when they aren't in the same room."

We head back to the Institute, never taking our eyes off them for even half a second. When we get there we lock them in two separate rooms that we are sure are inescapable. Amara is in one of the rooms in the Sanctuary, due to not being able to enter the hallowed ground of the Institute. Everyone goes to the strategy room to talk about what comes next, but my Dad gives me permission to go see if I can talk some sense into Jude. He thinks I'll be able to convince him, I don't know how accurate that guess is, but I am just happy to be trusted with something like this. I walk down the hallway to the room where we locked Jude up only moments earlier. I unlock the door, then lock it seconds after I enter, trapping both of us in the room, but there is a difference between us-I can get out.

Jude is standing up, staring out of the locked window. When he doesn't bother to acknowledge me as I take a seat across the room from him. "Hey Jude." He ignores me, "Where is Cassia?" I ask with much more force, "You know you don't owe either of them anything you know that right?"

"Of course I do." He continues staring out the window.

"No you really don't." I inform him, "You helped them walk in the sun. They got what they wanted. I know they promised you the New York Wolf Clan, but they aren't going to help you get that I hope you know that. I know you want to trust them, but you can't. You can trust me and my friends."

"I know how this goes." Jude solemnly tells me, "I tell you what you guys want to know-of course only after I am promised help we all know you will never give- then you turn me into the Clave where they kill me. Its all fair in the end I guess, dying the way my parents died."

"What do you mean Jude?" I stand up to join him, but I remain on the other side of the room.

"Like you care."

"Just tell me. I want to help you."

"I wasn't born a werewolf." Jude begins to explain to me, "I was born a mundane and I lived with my parents-also mundanes. When I was ten, we were attacked in our own home. They-" he chokes, "they attacked my parents. There were two of them, when they attacked my parents they were transformed. One of them left-I think he killed himself when he realized what he had done- the other transformed right in front of my eyes. He saw me and then turned back into a wolf. I thought I was seeing things when this happened. Then he attacked me. All three of us wee turned. My parents they-they didn't know what they were doing. None of us did, I only started transforming recently but my parents did it every full moon. The Clave found out about it, so they arrested and killed my parents."

"I'm sorry that happened to you." I solemnly say, "I understand what you went through-"

"No you don't."

"Yes I do." I confide in him. I explain my parents deaths to him, by the end of it, we are both extremely sober. "Look we will help you I promise. But we can't unless you tell us where Cassia is."

"I'll do it."

"What? Really?" My hopes fly.

"Yeah, I will." He nods, blinking away tears that have been in his eyes. "If you promise me no harm will come to me if I do...Then I will."

"I swear on the graves of my parents no harm shall come to you." I tell him, "Do we have a pact?"

"Yes we do."

A/N: I know this happened yesterday but I just want to say Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher. You were an amazing Princess Leia and you will be forever remember through the ages. In other news: I'm going to see Rogue One today with a friend and I'm super psyched! See you guys tomorrow! PS: I hope you guys all have amazing days!Thanks for reading/voting/commenting!