Chapter 23

I arrive at the entrance to the pandemonium club just after sundown. I am only standing alone for two minutes before Cassia shows up in front of the club.

"Hey." She says in between panting, "sorry I'm late- the sun just wouldn't set." She jokes.

"That's totally fine."

"I invited a couple of my other friends is that alright?" She asks me, breathing normally again.

"Oh yeah totally." As I am saying this, two people appear out of nowhere by Cassias side.

"Guys, this is Cecily-she goes by Ceci though." Cassia says, introducing me to her friends.

"Hey I'm Jude." One of them steps forward to introduce himself.

"Nice to meet you."

"And I am Amara." The girl says, stepping forward so she is  in line with Jude.

"Nice to meet you as well." I tell her, smiling casually.

Jude has pale skin, ghostly white hair, shockingly blue eyes. He is wearing a t-shirt with some Star Wars reference on it, jeans and intensely blue converse. Amara, on the other hand, has tanned by the sun skin, gentle green eyes, and curly brown hair. She is wearing a pink crop-top, jeans, white vans and her hair is up in a high ponytail. Cassia's outfit consists of a black t-shirt, black jeans and black boots.

"Lets go inside shall we?" Cassia asks, breaking the silence between us.

"Yes." We all agree in unison as we all head into the large-all ages- club. 

(2 Hours Later)

We step outside of the club, exhausted from dancing tons. We decide to walk down two blocks to get ice cream. Jude steps in first, followed by Amara, then me, and Cassia follows me. We all order, then sit down to eat our ice creams.

"What kind?" Jude vaguely asks Amara, who I've learned is a vampire. Jude on the other hand is a werewolf.

"Rocky Road." She replies, "and you?"

"Pistachio." He licks his green ice cream, to keep it from melting onto his hand.

"Gross." Cassia comments, in between licking her own ice cream cone. "I don't understand how you can eat that."

"In comparison to what?" Jude opposes, "your bubble gum ice cream?"

"It has a nice kick to it." Cassia jokes, "what'd you get Ceci?" She turns to me.

"Oh just Vanilla Bean."

"Nice." Jude comments from across from me, "but pistachio is way better."

"As if!" Cassia half shouts. "Pistachio ice cream is DISGUSTING!"

"Woah chill Cas, I didn't realize you had a personal grudge against green flavored ice." Amara jokes, trying to calm Cassia back down.

"People these days." Cassia says, rubbing her temples. "Back in my day-"

"Back in your day?" Jude asks her, annoyed she's winning the argument. "The only ice cream flavor that existed in the 1920s was dirt."

"Fight me wolf." She challenges, baring her fangs in a joking manner- I think.

"I would tell you to die- but it seems you already have." His eyes flicker, like those of a werewolfs usually do before they transform.

"You guys need to chill out." Amara tells them, they respond to this by calmly sitting back down.

"Oh I was only joking." Cassia tells her, Jude nods in agreement.

"Same here." He glances at the clock.

"Do you have somewhere to be Jude?" I ask him, "are you part of a pack?"

"Me?" He laughs, "never. I mean there is the New York pack. Like I'd ever join a pack led by Luke Garroway."

"Why not?" I ask, all three of them simultaneously turn their heads and stare at me- shocked. "Isn't he also the wolves Clave rep?"

"So what?" Jude laughs again, "I'm just waiting for the day when I can challenge him for leadership of the pack and take over. That is when I'll join a pack."

"So your just on your own?" I ask him, curious to learn things about these new people I've only just met.

"Of course not silly." Amara interrupts, "we-" she motions to the three of them. "-share an apartment. Makes the rent easier."

"How old are you anyway Amara? If you don't mind-"

"Not at all." She smiles, I can see her fangs when she does this. She must need blood... "I may not be as old as Cassia here, but I've been a vamp for about 20 years now. I was turned at 17 though."

"Oh cool."

"What about you Ceci?" Jude asks, finishing off his ice cream, last. "How old are you? What are you even?"

"Oh I'm 15-" I begin.

"No way me to!" Jude interrupts, "are you a werewolf? Vampire?" He gasps audibly, "are you a warlock?"

"No."

"Then what are you?" Amara asks me.

"A Nephilim." I mumble.

"No way." Amara half whispers. "Are you-"

"From the Institute?" I finish for her, "no I don't want to be there. I've only met a couple people like me. Most of them weren't too bad."

"You know how dangerous the Shadowworld is on your own?" Jude asks me, "if you ever need anywhere to stay-"

"I actually have somewhere to stay." I comment.

"Most people aren't so bad." Jude continues ignoring my comment. "The vamps here are pretty friendly- except for Camille she's a- Well that's not important. You've already heard what we think of the wolf pack here."

"And there's only 5 warlocks here in Brooklyn?" Amara asks, Cassia nods. "They are all-"

"Amara!" Cassia explains, "You can't just insult people like that. They can find people easily."

"So what let them come." Amara shrugs, "it'll make our plan a little bit easier."

"Plan?" I curiously ask.

"Can you keep a secret?" Jude asks me, I shyly nod. "We found a way to let vampires walk in the sun- a spell."

"But the thing is to do a spell you need magic." Amara continues, I notice Cassia has fallen silent. "And the only people who can do magic are-"

"Warlocks?" I finish for her, getting more and more nervous by the second.

"Yup." Jude answers, "but we need a really powerful warlock. We just need to find out where the High Warlock of Brooklyn is-"

"And then we can walk in the sun again." Amara finishes.