Chapter 25

My eyes flutter open what only seems like seconds later. I quick glance at my surroundings tells me it has been way more then a few seconds. I see Cassia sitting on a chair across from me. Looking around me, I see I am sitting on a couch in a living room of sorts. My hands are duct taped together.

"Oh good your awake." She sounds relieved, "sorry we had to duct tape your wrists we couldn't risk-"

"Risk me escaping and telling everyone about your plan?" I finish for her, "because I know these aren't friendship bracelets!" I laugh at my own joke inside my head, she doesn't seem to find it funny however. "Where's everyone else?"

"Gone for now." She vaguely responds. "You slept the whole day, we got concerned you were dead."

"I can only dream." I sarcastically comment, she ignores this, even though I know she can hear me. I shift uncomfortably on the old couch.

"This wasn't my idea Ceci." Cassia begins.

"Don't call me that." I demand, "that is a nickname, to be used by friends or family. You Casanova, have lost that right."

"Ceci- Cecily please." Cassia pleads, "promise me you won't go to the Clave. If you do that, I'll let you go and you never have to see me again."

"You know I can't do that." I inform her, "do your friends know who my Dad is?"

"No, but I did text your Dad." Cassia informs me, "told him you were staying the night at my house for the next couple of nights."

"Great." I roll my eyes, "You said something to me in the alley before you knocked me out. What was it."

"Nothing."

"It was something." I inform her ignorantly, knowing she said something.

"Shut up." I stop talking when she says this. Casanova stands up and open the curtain slightly. "They should be back by now, they were just running to Takis."

"What a shame." I sarcastically say, shifting on the couch again. "So what's the plan for after you walk in the sun again? Spend the rest of your extremely long life running from the Clave?"

"Do you know how special you are Ceci?" Cassia asks me, rhetorically. "Some Nephilim have been experimented on, pre-natally. I had been around for a long time before you were born, I've seen some of these tests go wrong. I know a few successful ones, Clary Fairchild and Jonathan Christopher Morgenstern, all the others have failed. Of course there is one exception to this-you."

"I'm not special." I inform her truthfully, "I'm just a mundane Shadowhunter."

"No, you aren't." Cassia informs me, "You have more angel blood in you then the average Nephilim. Your blood is what is going to give me and Amara the ability to walk in the sun again."

"Stay away from me." I command her.

"I won't touch you until it is the last option." Cassia informs me, "I'm sure your Dad'll just love to help us."

"I'd rather you drink all of the blood from my body then have you force my Dad to do anything." I threaten. "So go ahead, drink my blood until I have no more. But let me ask you this. Where is your evidence that this'll work?"

"How do you think Simon got his powers?" Cassia asks me, "he drank Jace Lightwood's blood, so why wouldn't it work with someone who's angel blood is the same level as him."

"Just get over with it." I tell her, "I'd rather be dead then listen to another second of you talking."

"Patience is key Cecily." She warns me, pulling her phone out of her pocket. "Don't try to go anywhere. I'm faster then you could ever dream of being." She walks out of the living room, I turn around slightly and watch her as she paces in the kitchen anxiously.

"You need to get here right now Amara." I hear her say over the phone. "You did what?" Silence. "You let Jude start a bar fight? Why were you guys even at the Jade Wolf?" More silence. "Get back now. She's consented to let us drink her blood. I'll tell you the rest of it when you get back." She crosses her arms angrily, "see you in ten." I turn back around as she hangs up her phone and slips it back into her pocket.

"So your friends ditched you to do some underage drinking? How fun." I comment as she sits back down across from me. "Now I know Amara is old enough to drink, and don't lecture me with that whole 'werewolf adult age is 16' thing. I know Jude is only 15. How irritating must that be? If you can't trust them to do one simple job why trust them with something that matters this much to you?"

"Oh shut up please." She requests angrily, "while we are waiting for them..." she stands up and grabs a piece of paper and a large quill. "I need you to sign this." She sets it down on the table in front of me.

"What is this?" I scoot forward on the couch, my hands in front of me.

"This is what is going to keep me from getting in trouble for drinking your blood." She informs me, "sure they can still be angry with me for being able to walk in the sun. But with this Amara and myself cannot get into any trouble for drinking your blood."

"Why the quill?" I ask her, "why not a normal pen-"

She grabs my hands and awkwardly flips it over, despite them still being taped together. "Because, Cecily, the thing about this very important document is how it is signed." As she is saying this, she acts as if she is talking to a child. "It needs to be signed in blood. All of the most important documents are." She grabs the quill and stabs my finger with it. "So if you would please sign this document we can get along with our evenings." She stabs my finger with the tip of the quill then shoves the quill into my hand, which I awkwardly hold. I hesitate which irritates her, "that is unless you want us to go to your dad to do this. I'm sure he'll be willing to help with your life on the line, or maybe even his boyfriend is it? If you aren't motivation enough."

"No." I request, "please don't I'll do it." I set the quill dipped in my blood into the paper. The words Cecily Dawnchild are written on the paper in my blood moments later. She quickly grabs the paper and quill from my hands.

"Thank you." She smiles, purposefully showing off her fangs. The door flies open, Amara and Jude enter into the small apartment.

"We are back." Jude comments as he walks into the living room and plops himself down in the chair next to Cassia. Amara, however, calmly walks in and sits down.

"So I hear you've agreed." Amara comments, smiling with her fangs.

"And I hear your a-" I begin but Cassia cuts me off before I can finish.

"I got her to sign the document." Cassia brags, "shall we begin?"

"This better work." Amara comments, "how are we going about this?"

"I say just go for it." Cassia says carelessly, "Just don't drink all of her blood. Wouldn't want to kill her." She bares her fangs, then moments later I feel her sharp teeth break the skin on my wrist.