Chapter 26

I fall backwards weakly after Amara finishes her turn in drinking my blood. My eyelids close and open weakly. Blood is still dripping down my wrist from where they bit me and onto the grey tape. I see the sun stream in from behind
the curtain slightly. Amara and Cassia grabs hands as they step into the small sliver of sunlight together. They stand there unharmed, smiling. I close my heavy eyelids and fall asleep.

I wake up and my head is pounding. I can feel my heartbeat coming from my wrist, a quick glance down shows me it has a bandaid on it, but my wrists are still tied together. I sit up and see a note on the table next to a knife. I hastily grab the knife and awkwardly cut myself free. I don't bother to read the note before running out of the door and onto the street. The cars whizz past me as I realize how lightheaded I am. When I glance around me to get a sense of direction the world falls fuzzy. I see an orange blur race towards me as I fall slowly onto the sidewalk, cascading slowly back into the darkness.

I feel someone shaking me what feels like seconds later. My eyes flicker open, the first thing I see is Clary's bright orange hair. I am now in a bed, most likely in the Institute.

"Ceci?" Clary asks, giving me some space, I sit up. "What happened to you? I was going to meet Simon when I saw you and then you collapsed- I called Simon and we brought you back to the Institute."

"Does my Dad know I'm here?" Is the first thing I say.

"Not yet, I couldn't find your phone on you...." she trails off frantically, "you can borrow my phone. After you explain what happened to you."

"I- I don't think I can." I tell her nervously.

"Oh good she's awake." I hear Alec walk into the room. "I don't know what we would've told Magnus-"

"You didn't call him did you?" I ask him nervously, not wanting to get yelled at.

"I was at your house when Clary texted me, if that's what your asking." Alec answers vaguely, "but no I didn't tell him."

"Thank you." I sigh exhaustedly.

"Now explain what you did." Alec demands.

"I-I can't." I tell him nervously, "I promised- I think. I signed a document-"

"What are you talking about?" Clary is now sitting at the end of the bed I am laying on, twirling with her hair as she says this. "What happened to your wrist? Was it a vampire?"

"Two actually." I answer, "they- they um made me sign a consent document of sorts. Giving them permission to drink my blood so they wouldn't get in trouble."

"Why your blood?" Alec asks me.

"It has more angel blood then most." I tell him nervously, "Same levels as Jace's they said. They were-" I hesitate nervously playing with a strand of my hair. "They wanted to walk in the sunlight again-like Simon."

"Why did you give them permission to drink your blood?" Clary questions, her voice laced with concern. "Did they threaten you?"

"That's it I'm calling Magnus-"

"No." I request, "please don't. He'll never trust me to go out on my own again. Please."

"Fine you have thirty seconds to give me a reason not to." Alec crosses his arms.

"I had to let them drink my blood." I quickly explain why I signed the paper, Clary's expression is shock, while Alec's is anger.

"You shouldn't have let to psychopathic vampires drink your blood Cecily." Alec lectures, his arms still angrily crossed.

"I had to." I cross my arms angrily at him, "I wasn't going to let them force my Dad to do that."

"Magnus can handle himself." Alec tells me, "if he were here he'd agree that you made the wrong choice in letting them drink your blood."

"It wasn't his choice to make." I inform him, "or yours or anyone's. It was mine, and I did what I had to do."

"You almost died." Clary chimes in, still nervously sitting at the end of the bed.

"They wouldn't have killed me." I reassure them.

"Why do you know the people who drank your blood?" Alec interrogates.

"So what if I do?" I ask him angrily, only realizing what I've said seconds later.

"Ceci, who did this to you." Clary asks me.

"You need to tell us so we can arrest them." Alec steps forward from where he had been standing, "they broke Clave rules. No vampire should walk in the sun."

"What are you saying about Simon?" Clary asks, standing up trying to make eye contact with him, despite the height difference. "That you would've been okay if the Clave killed him?"

"I never said anything like that Clary." Alec argues, their voices getting louder and louder, "Simon's powers we an accident, this was not. Now there are two of them running around together, and who knows what their plans are."

"There was also a werewolf." I mutter under my breath, "and all three of them may or may not be bent on revenge..."

"What was that?" Alec is practically yelling at this point. "Did you just say there is a werewolf with them and all three of them are bent on revenge?"

"Alec calm down." Clary says, the height difference between them becoming obvious.

He nervously runs his hands through his hair. "That's it I am calling Magnus right now." He storms out of the room, almost hitting Jace in the process.

"What's his issue?" Jace asks walking in and greeting Clary with a kiss on the cheek.

"Long story." Clary replies, smiling now that Jace is in the room. "There are some clothes in the drawer next to you if you want to change. Jace and I will be outside."

They leave the room, hand in hand, when they are completely out I weakly stand up, almost falling over several times. I quickly change, throw my hair up into a ponytail then go to join them. I open the door and see Clary talking with Jace while Alec paces on the phone with Magnus. He hangs up and walks over to me.

"Your Dad'll be here in a few minutes." He tells me, "try not to get yourself killed again."

"It's not like I pranced around the city yelling 'HEY ALL YOU VAMPIRES! COME DRINK MY BLOOD, ITS FRESH AND WILL GIVE YOU THE POWER TO WALK IN THE SUN AGAIN! BECAUSE IM A NEPHILIM AND I HAVE SUPER SPECIAL BLOOD!'" I yell through the Institute, no longer leaning against the wall for support.

"I'm not saying that's what you did." Alec argues, furrowing his eyebrows and crossing his arms angrily. An alarm goes off through out the entire Institute, Alec instantly uncrosses his arms. "That would be your Dad."

A/N: So I think during Winter Break I'm going to try to post once a day. I don't know would you guys like that? Let me know please! After break I think I'll go back to updating every two days. Thanks for reading guys! And also for commenting I love hearing from you guys your all super awesome!