Chapter 10

<You Already Know Who's P.O.V. This Is XD>
(Fifteen Minutes Later)

Clary enters Java Jones and looks around. I wave slightly to her, which catches her attention. She walks over and sits down with me. I take another sip of my coffee, her eyes catch on my wrists.

"Hey I'm here sorry it took so long...." she glances at my wrapped up wrists again. "What happened there?"

"Long story." I vaguely tell her, "so.....?"

"Oh right!" Clary exclaims, "you can stay with my mom's friend Luke. He's basically family, like my Dad."

"And he'll be okay with this?" I nervously ask, taking the final sip of my coffee.

"Oh yeah totally. I texted him on the bus ride over here." Clary joyfully informs me, "don't worry I'm sure Magnus will be back soon. Clave hearings don't take that long. At least I don't think so. Your 14 right?"

"Umm 15 actually." I inform her, "which means I'm only a year younger then you, you are 16 correct?"

"As of yesterday yeah." She casually tells me.

"Oh happy birthday!" I exclaim, a smile on my face.

"Thanks." She glances at her watch, "come on we better get going."

We stand up and head towards the door, on my way out I throw my paper coffee cup into the trash can. We stop at the nearest bus stop, which is just outside Java Jones, and get on the bus. We ride to the front a familiar to me book store. The bus stops out front, Clary quickly grabs my hand and drags me out. Immediately after us a flood of people rush out. I glance down at my hand, which Clary is still holding, she notices this and releases it.

"Come on, he owns this place." She explains, "his house is just behind it."

"I know this place." I comment as we walk around the side of the book store. "I think I've come here as a child with my mom."

Clary doesn't say anything back, but when we reach the back of the building she knocks on the door. A man answers the door. He is taller then Clary, which makes sense. He has dark skin, and a bald head.

"Hey Clary who's this?" The man asks her.

"Hey Luke this is my friend Ceci." Clary says, introducing me, "can we come inside?"

"Yeah come on in." He widens the door, and we both step in. "What can I do for you?" Clary sighs, then explains all that happened within the past couple of days.

"She just needs somewhere to stay until Magnus gets back." Clary finishes.

"Sorry to intrude." I apologize, "I am totally fine staying at the apartment by myself-"

"No you shouldn't have to stay somewhere alone." Luke interrupts, "and they might recheck the apartment. It's not safe for any shadowhunter to be on their own."

"What are you?" I ask curiously, "if you don't mind me asking..."

"I'm a werewolf." Luke tells me, "but don't worry I don't bite. And when the full moon does happen I have a safe room. But I used to be a shadowhunter until my parabatai betrayed me."

"Who was it?" I ask him.

"Valentine Morgenstern." He responds solemnly.

"I'm sorry." I respond.

"That's the past." Luke states, beginning to change the subject. "Now is the future and we have to focus on that. It's hard to go anywhere if your looking backwards. Of course you can stay with me until your dad gets back."

"Thank you." I tell him, then I turn to Clary. "Thanks for your help."

"What are friends for?" She states, smiling. "I better head back to the Institute, but I'll come visit you tomorrow."

"Bye." I give a small wave to her as she walks out the door. "You won't tell the Clave or anyone about me right?" I ask this silently wishing I had asked first.

"No of course not." Luke confirms, "your totally safe here."

"I'm sure he'll be back in no time." I say both to him and myself.