Chapter 16

After this conversation happens, Clary shows me to the room where I can stay. According to Clary all of the Institutes have over 100 rooms. They have this many for visiting Shadowhunters, or in case there is a war and several hundred Nephilim need a place to stay. After this happens we head back down stairs to help with cooking lunch.

"C'mon." Izzy grabs my arm, and drags me and Clary out of the room. "They won't let me help so we are going to go train."

She leads us into the training room.  She throws me a bo staff which I almost drop. She grabs one for herself. I hold mine up in defense while she starts hitting with her own. I move mine to deflect. She's yelling tips out at me while Clary just stands and watches me. I move around, circling her. I swing my staff around and whack her ankles with it. She falls. I kick the staff out of her hands, and point mine at her throat.

"That was good." Izzy praises me as I offer her a hand and help her up.

"Thanks." I respond, she flips her hair out of her face.

"Your sure you haven't had any training before?" Izzy asks me, how is it they know every single detail from my interrogation?

"Yes." I respond sort of out of breath from fighting her. She smiles, picks her bo staff up and hands it to Clary.

"Now you to can battle it out." Izzy tells us, I tighten my grip on the staff.

"Yeah no thanks." Clary and I say in synch.

"Oh that wasn't a suggestion." Izzy says with a playful smile. "Go on." I shrug, then look at Clary.

She weakly hits at me, which I block. I shuffle around her, to keep her moving. She tries to hit again, this time with more force. I jump backwards, not thinking to block it. I barely move out of the way. I try to get in a hit at her feet, but she blocks it. I'm momentarily destructed, which she takes advantage of. She hits my stomach, I fall back into a rack of bo staffs. I fall to the floor, keeping a grip on my staff. She instantly drops her guard, Clary looks extremely concerned. Clary drops her staff, I swing my around her feet and knock her down. I jump back up and repeat the trick I used on Izzy. She holds her arms up in surrender. I take one of her hands up and help her up.

"Good match." I tell her out of breath, while smiling.

"You two." She pants, "you okay? I kinda shoved you into the rack super hard-"

"Oh yeah I'm totally fine." I smile again, "it'll probably just be a small bruise. Are you okay?"

"Oh yeah just fine." She smiles back.

"Who's up for a round three?" Izzy asks, Clary and I hold up our staffs. "I was joking." She laughs, "C'mon I'm sure they are done with cooking by now." We put our bo staffs away and leave the training room and head for the kitchens.