Chapter 46

When I wake up hours later, it feels like only seconds have passed. I stand up, my back hurts from sleeping on the faux bed. Almost as if on cue, Aldertree walks down the hallway.

"Good morning." He tells me as he walks to the front of my cell.

"I'm sure it is." I rudely snap back. "Can we just get this over with. Whatever it is."

"You don't even know why you're here?" Aldertree asks, sounding exasperated.

"Act first, think later." I casually say.

"You are here because no Nephilim should live with a Downworlder...." he glances around, but we must discuss this amongst the others." He unlocks my cell, I step out. "Come." He leads me upstairs into a large room. It reminds me a lot of a courtroom. There is a large chair in the center of the room, in front of tables. When we reach it, Aldertree motions for me to sit.

"I'd prefer to stand." I snap back, he shrugs then joins the people in the front of the room.

"Please state your name." One of them commands.

"Cecile Jones." I sarcastically say.

"Your real last name." She persists.

"Cecily Dawnchild." I cross my arms. "Can we get this over? I kind of have somethings I need to do."

"I'm afraid they will have to wait Miss Dawnchild." The lady rudely responds.

"Please," I force a smile. "Call me Miss Jones."

"You would do well to mind your tongue." She snaps at me. I hold back any joke I would make about this whole situation. I uncross my arms.

"Well?" I ask after a minute passes, the room had been so silent you could hear a needle drop. "Can we actually talk about what you called me here for? Or do you just prefer to sit there and silently pass off judgement?"

"We are thinking Miss Jones." The First Lady informs me harshly.

"Can I be part of this thinking party?" I ask.

"We are trying to decide whether or not to make you train in the Shadowhunter Academy here in Alicante, or send you to some other Institute."

"You could send me home to the New York Institute." I offer, "because technically you cannot force me to go anywhere against my will."

"She's right." Someone seated at the table adds.

"Not helpful." The head woman glares.

"If you're done arguing...can I have my stuff please?" I ask, "I'd kind of like to go home."

"Have you not been paying attention these past twenty minutes?" She asks, has it already been twenty minutes?

"Not really." I shrug, then turn around on my heels. "Thank you and goodbye." I quickly run downstairs to the dungeon and grab my bag. I run back upstairs, only to be met by Aldertree and the other's from the meeting. "Let me guess, you're here to stop me?"

"Actually, we have come to the conclusion that you were right." The man from earlier tells me, "we've all agreed that you should go home."

"You mean I can move back in with Magnus?" I ask, my voice laced with hope.

"Yes." The man tells me, "Yes you can."

A/N: Hey guys! Just a reminder that I won't be posting at all this weekend. At the earliest Sunday night at the latest Monday night, but either way it won't be for the whole weekend. Hope you guys have a fabtabulously amazing weekend! See you guys in a bit!