Chapter 11

Luke shows me upstairs and leads me into a spare bedroom. I plop my stuff down on the bed, then offer to help him in the bookstore. He gladly accepts, and leads me back downstairs and into the bookstore.

"Alright, you see all these boxes?" Luke asks me, pointing out a huge stack of at least seven boxes.

"Yes."

"I need to you empty them, sort them, then put them on the shelves." Luke tells me, "it may take a couple days, but you can just work on it whenever you feel like it. But if it doesn't get finished don't worry about it. Tomorrow I'm going to be off doing-things. So I'm having someone from my pack come over to run the bookstore while I'm gone."

"Okay cool." I respond, "it'd be nice to meet more un-mundane people."

"Her names Maia, she's a year older then you." He informs me, "I'll be leaving really early in the morning, but Maia will help you out if you need anything okay?"

"Sounds good. Thanks again for letting me stay here until my Dad gets back." I say again.

"Your welcome." He smiles, "I'll be in the back of the shop if you need anything." He turns around and leaves me with the boxes of books. I open the first box and see a bunch of books all neatly stacked inside. I carefully begin to pull out books, there are tons from all genres here. Young Adult, Fantasy, Fiction, Non Fiction, Sci-Fi, just to name a few.

After I finish sorting out the first box, I decide to put those books on the shelves. I stand up, stretch, then grab a stack of books. It took me over an hour just to get through the first box. I head out into the actual store and begin to put them on the shelf. When I look outside I see that the sun has begun to set. I finish putting the books on the shelf, then go back and grab some more. I repeat this several times until all the books are put away. I am just about to start the next box when Luke shows up from the back of the shop.

"Wow, you got a lot done." He states, looking at the box i just finished unpacking.

"Really?" I ask, shocked because I did only get one box done.

"Yeah, it would've taken me longer trust me." He informs me, "I was just about to go pick up some food, is Chinese okay?"

"Oh yeah totally." I answer, "I have money for food though." I inform him.

"Oh don't worry about it." Luke tells me, "my pack stays in an abandoned Chinese food place and when they get bored they make food so it's fine." He smiles, "besides you did me a huge favor with those books. Do you want to come with me or just stay here?"

"I'll just stay here." I offer.

"Alright, if a customer comes to the shop do you think you could help them out?" Luke asks me, "the store doesn't close for another hour or so."

"Oh yeah totally." I shrug, "any way I can help."

Luke nods, then heads out the back door. I'm halfway through the first box when the bell jingles in the front do the shop. I walk out into the actual bookstore and greet them.

"Hi, is there any way I could umm help you?" I offer, the girl shakes her head.

"I just came to look around." She answers.

"Alright if you need anything let me know." I tell her, walking behind the counter and just standing there.

The girl has long, wavy, blonde hair. She looks to be about my height and possibly a year older then me. She wanders around miscellaneous shelves before she walks back up to me.

"You wouldn't happen to know where Luke is do you?" Her eyes flicker to a different color for a moment. Is she a werewolf? I've seen Magnus's eyes do something like that, just not exactly that, more of a cat eye.

"He just went to go do something." I inform the girl, "but I can let him know you came...." I grab a piece of paper and a pen. "What'd you say your name was-" I glance up and she's gone. "Guess it wasn't too urgent."

Later Luke comes back with food, which we sit down and eat. We talk for a little bit, then I go to bed, hoping my Dad will be back soon.