Chapter 24

After I hear this, I fake being sick and leave for my house. I quickly walk on the empty streets. I feel a breeze and Cassia appears next to me. She walks by my side, but I ignore her.

"Ceci-" she begins, putting her hand on my arm. "I'm sorry. I should've-"

"Should've what?" I interrupt angrily, "should've told me you and your friends were plotting to break Clave rules? Should've told me you were- you were what?! Using me to get to my dad so he has to help you?! Because if that's the case I don't want to hear it!" I yank her hand off of my arm and pull away. "Stay away from me." I look around for somewhere to go. I see the Institute, and begin to walk towards where she can't follow me.

"No." Cassia grabs my arm again, pulling me into the closest alley and pushing me against the wall. "Ceci, you promised not to tell anyone."

"That was before I heard what you were planning to do!" I exclaim, shoving her, but she won't budge, her Vampire strength is too strong. "Get off of me right now!"

"Or what?"

I try to shove her again, by she isn't moving. "Cassia I trusted you."

"I meant what I said every bit of it." She tells me, still holding me against the stone wall.

"Whatever." I cross my arms under her firm hold. "You can't stop me from telling the Clave what your going to do- it is illegal Cassia think about the consequences."

"You don't think I have?" Cassia returns, "we can't all be Daylighters- or Daywalkers whatever they are called- like your stupid friend Simon."

"Let me go." I demand.

"Not until you swear on the Angel you won't tell anyone." Cassia forces.

"I would never." I inform her, "there is nothing you can do to stop me from telling." My hand flies to where my necklace usually is, but tonight I left it at home.

"Ceci please don't make me do this." Cassia begins intimidating.

"Do what? Betray me?" I ask her accusingly, "too late you did that the moment we met." She staggers back accusingly, still holding my arms tightly.

"I'm sorry Ceci. I do lov-" I feel myself loose consciousness moments after I hit the ground.

A/N: Sorry guys for the short chapter. I'm on Winter Holiday now so hopefully I'll have more free time to write *fingers crossed* Thank you guys for reading! It makes my day to know that you guys enjoy what I write and take time out of your busy days to read what I write so thanks!