Chapter 32

I wake up the next morning to Dad knocking loudy, telling me to wake up. I glance at my alarm clock and see that it is barely even six o'clock. I angrily roll out of bed, extremely drowsy. I throw on a blue, long sleeved, sweater dress, with black leggings underneath. I put on my boots, then walk out to the kitchen. I don't care how hard it will be to fight in this dress, I am wearing it. It is comfortable and warm, so I am wearing it. I put some bread in the toaster, then I start to cook an egg. Dad walks out, dressed in a black, golden button, jacket. He is wearing black jeans, and a dark purple shirt underneath. We don't say anything to each other as we get our breakfasts made. I finish making my scrambled eggs and toast with strawberry jam. I sit at the table, and quickly eat my food. Dad finishes cooking his oatmeal, and brings that with two cups of coffee, one for himself and the other for me. 

"Sorry for waking you up so early Ceci." Dad tells me, "my friends got back to me early this morning with a way they think should work."

"Think?" I ask, sipping the hot beverage. I set it down after half of a sip, it is way too hot to drink.

"It'll be harder to do then we thought." He informs me, taking a big sip of the coffee. "Apparently it brings them pretty close to death also. Are you sure you want to do this?"

"They aren't my friends Dad." I harshly admit to him. "I don't care if they live or die."

"Ceci are you sure?" Dad asks me, "If they do die, I don't want this to be on your conscience for the rest of your life. I don't want that to happen to you."

"Dad, it won't be I promise." I reassure him, "The sooner this is over, the better." 

He decides not to mention it again, we both finish our breakfasts in silence. After we finish eating, we silently head out to his car. We drive down the the Institute, the only noise coming from the car radio, which is playing a string of music. I only know a few songs, but I don't hate any of the songs that play. We pull up in front and quietly get out of the car. We walk up the stairs, I open the door, then both Magnus and I step inside. We are met by Alec and Jace.

"Where are Clary and Izzy?" I ask Jace as Magnus greets his boyfriend. 

"Still getting into their gear and grabbing their weapons." Jace explains, "Should be out here an minute." As if on cue, Izzy and Clary solemnly walk out in full Shadowhunter gear, just like Jace and Alec are. Izzy inspects, my outfit then shakes her head in disappointment. 

"Not even dressed in gear Ceci?"Izzy questions, she grabs my arm and drags me to the weapons room.  She shoves gear into my arms, then shoves me behind a changing curtain. I reluctantly change out of my warm sweater dress, and into the black gear. I leave my clothes in the room and walk out to join Izzy again. She smile, proud of her work. I grab a handful of daggers and sheath them in the various sheaths on my jeans. I grab the second bow and quill filled with arrows and swing the over my back. "Ready?" 

"Lets go."

Izzy and I walk out to rejoin the others. Clary has moved to Jace's side. I realize Magnus has also changed into his battle gear, which I hadn't even realized he brought. He doesn't have a single weapon on him, but that's because he doesn't need one. In silence we all head out to the car, not the one Magnus and I drove here, but a Clave provided van which can carry more people than a normal car. Clary drives, the front seat remains empty however. I am in the middle row with Izzy and Jace, reluctantly Alec and Magnus are in the back. We go to pick up Simon at Clary's request. When we go to pick him up, he is completely shocked by this, as if he had no prior warning. He isn't dressed in any gear, but Clary brought some weapons for him anyway. I don't know where we are driving, yet everyone-including Simon- seem to know. It only seems like a short drive away until we make it to their hideout.